Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Propeller C Tutorial - Propeller Brains for Your Inventions — Parallax Forums

New Propeller C Tutorial - Propeller Brains for Your Inventions

Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
edited 2013-10-15 18:53 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi Folks,

I just posted a prequel to the current Propeller C Tutorials, Propeller Brains for Your Inventions. It's a short, illustrated read, intended for those who are new to the concepts of microcontroller and multicore.

-Steph

Comments

• Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
    edited 2013-10-14 20:11
    Nicely done.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2013-10-14 20:41
    Very nice, Steph! (I take it you like your roasts extremely rare! :) )

-Phil
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-10-15 08:34
    Great analogy Stephanie.

I'm not allowed in the kitchen except Thanksgiving. A thermometer is a great turkey tool.
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2013-10-15 08:52
    Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen! I was hoping folks could relate to the analogy, or at least to the single-core chef's expression — I adore the graphics Jen J. created for this.

And yes, I do like beef roasts rare, though after removing them from the oven I cover them with foil for 20 minutes during which time the internal temperature continues to rise. Also gives me time to make the gravy.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2013-10-15 10:03
    ...after removing them from the oven I cover them with foil for 20 minutes during which time the internal temperature continues to rise.

Would this be one of those hardware peripherals we read about other micros having? A UFHRT? (Universal Foil Heat Retention Tent)

Seriously, a very enjoyable and informative (ok, I actually knew this stuff) piece of work. I like the analogy too!
  • TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2013-10-15 11:42
    I LOVE THIS! What a great way to explain a concept that some like to make overly complicated! Super cute graphics, easy to read, love love love it! I will be passing this on to our IRC to get more converts :D
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-10-15 18:53
    VERY Clever. This might just be the way to get my Granddaughter back on the Robotics path again. My Grandosn is 4 years younger and has a good jump in this part, Thanks to Ken Gracey!!!! They both have Scribbler 1's but my Grandson is the one that enjoys them the most!!!