Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stanley's First Eight — Parallax Forums

Stanley's First Eight

ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
edited 2013-10-07 15:30 in Robotics
Only recently have I gotten around to (seriously) playing with my S2 - Stanley. (Thanks Ken!!!!!!)

This is the first attempt at a figure-8. Far from perfect... a lot of tinkering with the code is needed.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-10-05 16:44
    Gotta love Stanley! What's that you have hacked on top of him? A laser disintegrator?

And isn't Ken the greatest?
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2013-10-05 21:09
    Nicely done! On carpet, too, which is the hardest surface upon which to obtain any accuracy -- well, second to fine sand, maybe. :)

-Phil
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
    edited 2013-10-05 22:19
    erco wrote: »
    Gotta love Stanley! What's that you have hacked on top of him? A laser disintegrator?

And isn't Ken the greatest?

Wireless video cam. Kinda fun to watch the feed while Stanley careens around the house in obstacle avoidance mode.
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2013-10-07 10:33
    Nicely done.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-10-07 11:28
    Amanda - that seems to have worked out quite well. If you have a smooth surface anywhere in your house I think you'll get really precise response out of the S2. I think linoleum and tile might even be better, but a smooth wood floor would probably be the best.
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
    edited 2013-10-07 15:30
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Amanda - that seems to have worked out quite well. If you have a smooth surface anywhere in your house I think you'll get really precise response out of the S2. I think linoleum and tile might even be better, but a smooth wood floor would probably be the best.

I'm sure you're right Ken, however carpet is the predominant flooring material in the apartment. I have a narrow-ish area of linoleum area in the kitchen/dining room... also in the bathroom which, well... we just don't want to go there. :-)

Still, I've mapped out courses around the house using speed vs. distance and calculated angles and the repeatability is pretty impressive! After running a course of several legs and turns, he comes back to within a few inches of the starting point.
    Seriously cool!

Amanda