Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XMM-SINGLE External RAM abdrive — Parallax Forums

XMM-SINGLE External RAM abdrive

RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
edited 2013-10-03 13:18 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Just curious, is anybody building, or has built the abdrive lib to use with XMM? I guess if abdrive does not work with XMM then all the other libs do not work either?

Ray

Comments

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,516
    edited 2013-10-03 04:24
    Rsadeika wrote: »
    Just curious, is anybody building, or has built the abdrive lib to use with XMM? I guess if abdrive does not work with XMM then all the other libs do not work either?

Ray
    What board are you using? You can't use xmm-single with the Activity Board. In fact, without adding external memory, you can't use anything other than xmmc using either the EEPROM or the SD cache driver. The xmm-single memory model requires external RAM.
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2013-10-03 05:07
    I got the memory model screwed up, again. I was referring to the XMMC ... model, and the Activity Board, which probably includes the PropBOE. The libs that I was referring too are the Simple Libraries.

Ray
    edited 2013-10-03 05:48
    I got the memory model screwed up, again. I was referring to the XMMC ... model, and the Activity Board, which probably includes the PropBOE. The libs that I was referring too are the Simple Libraries.

Ray
    I don't know of any reason that the simple libraries wouldn't work in the xmmc memory model using either the EEPROM or SD card driver. If you post your code I'll try it to see what's going wrong.
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2013-10-03 06:05
    When I have a project opened using ACTIVITYBOARD-SDXMMC ... and the Memory Model XMMC ..., I tried adding a simple library libabdrive, the IDE throws up an error window:
    XMMC memory model library not found in
    C:/Users/Ray/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/ActivityBot
    2013-09-03b/libabdrive
    So from this I guess it means that libraries have to be constructed in an XMMC way?

Ray
    edited 2013-10-03 06:08
    When I have a project opened using ACTIVITYBOARD-SDXMMC ... and the Memory Model XMMC ..., I tried adding a simple library libabdrive, the IDE throws up an error window:

So from this I guess it means that libraries have to be constructed in an XMMC way?

Ray
    Yes, there needs to be a separate build of the libraries for the xmm memory models. Maybe Steve will add that in the next release.
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-10-03 08:44
    The library binaries are produced by Andy.

If you don't have a particular library compiled for a given mode, you can open the library project and build it.

I've talked with Andy about ways to automate building these things, but he hasn't responded to that.
  • edited 2013-10-03 12:31
    XMMC does not support launching LMM/CMM code into other cogs, which is what the abdrive library does. A COGC or PASM version of abdrive will have to be developed to support code in XMMC mode. The same is true for any other library that launches LMM/CMM code into a cog.
    edited 2013-10-03 13:18
    XMMC does not support launching LMM/CMM code into other cogs, which is what the abdrive library does. A COGC or PASM version of abdrive will have to be developed to support code in XMMC mode. The same is true for any other library that launches LMM/CMM code into a cog.
    Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I need to finish up my new cache driver stuff so we can run more than one XMM COG. :-)