Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE does not create Library or Workspace folder — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE does not create Library or Workspace folder

John AbshierJohn Abshier Posts: 1,116
edited 2013-10-02 10:45 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Installed SimpleIDE. On first execution of SimpleIDE set Library Folder to z:/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries and set Workspace Folder to z:/SimpleIDE/

Tried to run Welcome.c and got the following error: Welcome.c:26:70: fatal error: simpletools.h: No such file or directory

Checked with Windows Explorer and Z:/SimpleIDE directory was not created.

Z: is a mapped network drive. I want to use it so my desktop and laptop would use the same files.

John Abshier

Comments

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-10-01 14:39
    The workspace folder is created in the user's home directory.
  • John AbshierJohn Abshier Posts: 1,116
    edited 2013-10-02 07:20
    I see what is happening, but think it is wrong. On first run of SimpleIDE, before the user does anything, the dialog asks where do you want files to be located. It then creates the files at a location other than what the user input. It then looks for the files in the user specified location, not where SimpleIDE put them.

John Abshier
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-10-02 10:06
    Hi John,

Maybe you mean that you expect the workspace folder to go where you point in the properties dialog? If so, that isn't the way it works (today). The folder copy happens long before that dialog is displayed.

We have talked about letting the user specify where the user's workspace folder should go, but that has been less important than some other fixes. I'll check with Jeff.
  • John AbshierJohn Abshier Posts: 1,116
    edited 2013-10-02 10:45
    Setting the workspace folder location in the dialog and then moving the folder to that location works. I could share my home directory on my desktop, but that computer is not always turned on. The server is always on. I don't know enough about SimpleIDE/Propeller C to know where I what I would want for library locations yet. So the default location is good for now.

John Abshier