Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RN-XV WiFly FTP Client vs. HTTP Client — Parallax Forums

RN-XV WiFly FTP Client vs. HTTP Client

msg558msg558 Posts: 13
edited 2013-10-01 07:47 in Accessories
I've got my RN-XV module all hooked up and talking to my prop. I'm using it to switch on and off an LED by opening a web browser on one of my computers. I've got a separate computer that is running an FTP server and an HTTP server. The HTTP server provides the webpage with a form where the user submits either 1 or 0. A PHP script saves the input character into a file that can be accessed via the FTP server. I've currently got it set up so that the RN-XV gets the file from the FTP server every 2 seconds.

The problem is that I'd like the FTP file retrieval process to be much faster, but 2 seconds is as fast as I can get it to work reliably. Is there any way I can speed this up and still use the FTP client? It seems like the HTTP client would be a quicker, more direct way of accomplishing this, and the user's manual has plenty of examples, but I can't figure out how to apply them to this project. I have a pretty much non-existent understanding of HTTP. Has anyone had success using the HTTP client for a switching application such as this?