Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The calibration program can not stop — Parallax Forums

The calibration program can not stop

JarvanJarvan Posts: 31
edited 2013-10-02 11:46 in Learn with BlocklyProp
the calibration program can not stop ,and the activitybot always circle around, one wheel moves and another don't move.

Comments

• edited 2013-10-01 09:41
    Hi Jarvan,

I've seen these symptoms whenever I got one of the cables swapped, or did not have something plugged into the ports properly. Check all your connections according to this page:

http://learn.parallax.com/activitybot/electrical-connections

Tips

Make sure the servo cable color codes all have the white wire closer to the P12, P13, etc labels on the top edge of the board.

Make sure each cable is correctly plugged onto its 3-pin header.

Make sure the jumper to the left of P12, P13 is set to VIN, and the other two are set to 5V.

Make sure that the left servo (closer to servo ports) is connected to P12 and the right servo to P13. Repeat for the encoders and P14, P15.

Also, double check the color codes on the resistors that connect P14 and P15 to 3.3 V. They should be red-black-orange-gold.

Andy
  • dgatelydgately Posts: 1,630
    edited 2013-10-01 09:44
    You may want to check the mounting of your encoders. There is a little "wiggle room" in how the encoders mount with the top servo screws. My right encoder was positioned just slightly lower than it should be and its detector missed some of the edges of the holes in the wheels. I removed the wheel, loosened the encoder and with a little finger pressure, held the encoder up in relation to the bot while I retightened the screw. That seemed to help getting good calibration data.

You also may want to check to make sure that all of the small rectangular holes in the wheels, used by the encoders, are clear of any plastic flashing or other crud. Eating cookies while assembling is a mistake I've made on occasion :-) Got crumbs stuck in places I shouldn't...

On the other hand, you may just be a little impatient in waiting for the calibration to run its course...

The calibration should turn the robot around one wheel forward and then backward changing speed as it gathers data. After that it will turn the other way forward and then backward. So, only one wheel will be running and thus calibrating at a time. Also, the bot will sit for a short time at the end of the calibration as it writes the data to eeprom. It takes a few minutes to complete the whole process. Make sure you give all the time it needs. It will signal when it is complete!

Good luck!

dgately
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2013-10-01 10:04
    ... and that is why the program makes use of p26 and p27, when those two LEDs go off, then the calibration is done.

Ray
  • JarvanJarvan Posts: 31
    edited 2013-10-01 20:37
    Thanks, Andy,dgately and Ray . I have checked all the thing I can check. At last, and at last, I checked the battery voltage, two of the battery is low power, and the sum of the battery is lower than 6V .(I noticed the power port on the board is signed 6-9V. ) . I changed the battery and the program is OK now.
  • edited 2013-10-02 11:46
    Excellent Jarvan, thanks for letting us know.