Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bs2 xbee — Parallax Forums

Bs2 xbee

johnprokojohnproko Posts: 121
edited 2013-09-29 11:36 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone. I have 2 boe bots bs2 processor and 2 xbee series2. I read somedocumantation about the wrring. Unfortuanatelly i havent managed to succed. The program that i wrote for the sender is :
Baud con 84
Tx pin 14
Rx pin 15
Temp var byte
Temp= 2
Do
Serout tx, baud, [temp]
Pause 1500
Loop

And for the one receiving:
Baud con 84
Tx pin 14
Rx pin 15
Temp var byte
Temp= 2
Do
Serin rx, baud, [temp]
Debug dec3 temp
Pause 1500
Loop

Baud rate is 9600. If that is of any help. I will admit that i havent done any settings at the xbee.
Please help me
Thank you in advance!
image.jpg

I have used this wiring. Tryed out both 14 and 15 as tx-rx still nothing. I would appriciate if someone could post a wiring picture.
For those who may ask what i want it for: trying to build an rc car in which on has all the sensors and one has the motors. Xbees are for communication
1024 x 765 - 87K

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2013-09-29 11:36
    If you do have series 2 XBees, one of them will have to be configured as a coordinator, and the other(s) as either end points or routers. Usually XBees aren't sold with coordinator firmware pre-installed.

In order to load the coordinator firmware onto one XBee, you have to connect it to a PC running the XCTU software. XCTU is a nice program that lets you check the exact model and firmware and settings and to get things set up.

There has been a lot of discussion of the differences between series 1 and series 2 on the forums. In general, series 1 modules are easier than series 2 to start with out of the box. Also see the new video starring Chris Savage from Parallax, comparing the different modules.