Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Got an Amazing Activity Bot Program? — Parallax Forums

Got an Amazing Activity Bot Program?

ercoerco Posts: 20,256
edited 2013-09-25 18:43 in Robotics
I'm doing some demos at a robot club this weekend. I have several bots to dust off and show, and an unassembled Activity bot. If I rush and lose some sleep, I can just barely assemble the Activity bot in time for the show. But I won't have any time to play with it. Does anyone have any nifty programs that I could simply download & use to make a lasting impression on this mostly Arduino crowd? If not, my A-bot will have to wait a month or three until next opp.

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2013-09-25 13:46
    I don't know if anybody has anything ready to load and go except Parallax (Andy??? Jessica??? Stephanie???)

As for assembly, you won't lose much sleep, I think it took 20 minutes to build mine and I actually followed the instruction book!! So far I've spent about 40 minutes with mine - 20 to build and 20 to play with the calibration programs. I'm my usual little amount of help.

ANDY!!!! JESSICA!!!! STEPHANIE!!!! :smile:

EDIT: I forgot, did you check the LEARN pages?? Got some PING and whisker and light examples written in C!
  • dgatelydgately Posts: 1,629
    edited 2013-09-25 13:50
    Just a super simple figure 8 in C...

Figure8.zip

Attached is a zipped SimpleIDE project. Was going to submit to your Figure-8 challenge with some mods, but here it is in a most simple form...

Be sure to run the calibration code from the ActivityBot Learn pages, before running this...

dgately
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-09-25 14:30
    How about the Juke Bots code? Arduino can't do all that stuff.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-09-25 16:48
    Did you want to show off the Propeller running C or just show off the Propeller?

Ken has just about got me convinced to switch over to C but I think I'd be better able to help you out with Spin.

Did you have something in mind? Do you want the robot to memorize it's path while under remote control and retrace it?

I'm willing to spend a few hours mixing any code you've seen me use together for a demo.

IIRC, Ken's Juke Bots use Spin so I think I could add it into the mix (don't you love accidental puns).
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-09-25 17:33
    Am I reading this correctly???? @erco is using a Prop??? WOW!!!! How the times they are a changin!!!!
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2013-09-25 18:43
    I'm just throwin' this out into the ethers......

Eight COGs of Fire

.... just sayin'