Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Activity Board — Parallax Forums

Stamp Activity Board

carlinecarline Posts: 13
edited 2013-12-04 18:00 in BASIC Stamp
I found a "Stamp Activity Board" manufactured by Parallax on Ebay for sale but have not been able to find
any documentation on it. It has four buttons (Red, Green, Black and Blue) with leds just above them.
The board does not have a Parallax part number anywhere but has a mfg. date of 1998, a serial programming port, this one has a
24 pin BS2sx module and has female header pins for maybe a SIP BS1. . Also has two dual in line sockets
marked 'A' and 'B' near center/right of board. No solderless BB for circuits.Have looked around the Parallax site
and other searches but can't find any info.

Can anyone direct me to domumentation for this board?

Thanks

Chuck

Comments

• bsjohnbsjohn Posts: 19
    edited 2013-09-13 19:19
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-09-13 19:33
    The BASIC Stamp Activity Board is our first all-purpose experiment board for the BS1/2. It's a fantastic product and you should be proud about finding one. These are totally American-made at a high cost, and I'll be happy to get you the docs this weekend. This was also before we published lots of code examples, but I'm sure we've got enough to get you started.

Those two sockets are for the ADC0831 and DS1620, configured by jumpers if I recall correctly.

I'll get the docs for you. Let me know if you end up wanting to part with it :)
  • carlinecarline Posts: 13
    edited 2013-09-13 19:35
    Yes! That's it... went to site and they have no downloads or info to provide??? Noted that they had removed
    it from their product line!

Does anyone from Parallax have info on this board since has Parallax stamped on it ? I don't wan't to reverse
    engineer this item.

Thanks
    Chuck
  • carlinecarline Posts: 13
    edited 2013-09-13 19:39
    Thanks Ken, I really appreciate your prompt response to this. As always you and your staff always come through.

I look forward to reading more on this interesting board.

Chuck
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-09-13 19:53
    Ken, Are you trying to put together some type of "museum" collection. I have one I can send you since I am trying to move everything I do to the Proprller. I had a lot of fun with the BS2 and will most likely hang on to at least one BOE Board and a Stamp or two but I really do not have a need for the Activity Board any more.

Edit: My mistake. The board I have is a Professional Development Board, not the Activity Board.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-09-25 11:22
    Hey there,

Found the requested documents, tucked tidily into a deep path of network folders for retired products. Schematic and manual are attached.

BTW, the DIP chips we documented for this board are still available and the X-10 stuff can still be bought at RadioShack. This board is far from being out of date!

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-09-26 13:59
    Ken, I have two Activity boards at home, you are welcome to have one for your archives if you like.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-12-04 18:00
    @carline, were you able to get any software demos for this board? In my latest EBay purchase I ended up with one of these boards and the original 3.5" Floppy. I would be happy to copy anything that is on it and send to you if you need it.