Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I Need serious hellp — Parallax Forums

I Need serious hellp

MadereMadere Posts: 2
edited 2013-09-12 12:48 in BASIC Stamp
Im new to this forrum as well as new to parrallax products and robotics in general. Im trying to solve a problem i am having with my boe bot, and my ping))) censor especialy. I have to use the boe bot to create an autonimaus robot to traverse a maze. Im using two IR sensors, one on either side, and a ping))) censor on the front. As of now im using the code from the product description on the parallax site. My problem is that my ping sensor is simply spinning around and around, wrapping the wire around the base and servo. is there a way to lower the 180 degree scaning angle?

the code
http://www.parallax.com/downloads/roaming-ping-advanced-basic-stamp-code

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2013-09-12 11:54
    Madere,

Welcome to the Forum!!!

It, sounds like you have a continuous rotation servo attached to the Ping, where it should be a standard rotation servo.

Can you double check this and report back to us? ... The type of Servo should be labeled on the front of the servo
  • MadereMadere Posts: 2
    edited 2013-09-12 12:42
    Its a continuous rotation. That brings on another problem, is there any one i can make it work with a continuous rotation? Its part of a class project and i have limited access to parts
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2013-09-12 12:48
    Unfortunately for the Ping sensor to function properly, you will need a Standard rotation servo. The Continuous rotation will not work properly as you have observed.