Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Some outdoor bot fun coming up this winter. — Parallax Forums

Some outdoor bot fun coming up this winter.

photomankcphotomankc Posts: 943
edited 2013-09-04 12:44 in Robotics
I must say that this company is one of the most amazing I have ever worked with! I won't go into great detail except to say that I was given great service and and a really nice favor from nothing more than a casual comment in a thread where I talked to Ken. These bad boys are going to be used for a heavy-weight 4x4 outdoor robot I have been contemplating for a while. I'm not going to go for autonomous operation on this one, more of an RC machine kind of deal but with the capacity to try out some autonomous operation later. These motors are right in the sweet-spot where they have a lot of torque and decent speed but suitable controllers won't cost a fortune. Right now I just like looking at them.

I hope to repay the favor by showing off the motors and gear heads on a nicely finished outdoor bot. Given my pace of work that may take some time but I'd like for it to look nice and have good mechanical properties.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103729&d=1378312795
1024 x 768 - 89K

Comments

• ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
    edited 2013-09-04 10:45
    photomankc wrote: »
    I must say that this company is one of the most amazing I have ever worked with! I won't go into great detail except to say that I was given great service and and a really nice favor from nothing more than a casual comment in a thread where I talked to Ken.

I have to agree 100%! A similar situation here and it has yielded days of entertainment and education. I hope to post a video when my whole apartment navigation route gets sorted out... my roommate keeps tweaking where the furniture goes and it plays havoc with my dead reckoning program. (I'm not sure I can detect an object in the path, navigate around it and come back to the original course with just IR sensors. Open to ideas! ;-> )

Thanks Ken... it's a blast!

Amanda
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-09-04 12:44
    Aw, you are both welcome. Happy to be of service, and it's rewarding to see others continually using our products to do interesting things. Photomankc will have a powerful and precise robot from those new motors (which are in our new MMWK, plastic or aluminum wheels). And Amanda has been at it for a while with her S2, my favorite robot that just keeps getting more friends.