Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pinball controlled by the propeller — Parallax Forums

Pinball controlled by the propeller

trancefreaktrancefreak Posts: 186
edited 2013-09-02 23:58 in Robotics
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a video from my work in progress pinball machine. I'm building a replica of an addams family pinball machine which is completely controlled by the propeller.
Software is written in C.

I decided to use the propeller because of it's 8 cogs. The plan is to use one to control the DMD, two for audio and one cog handles the IO shift register.
Here is a video of the current state of the pinball machine :-)
http://youtu.be/RmmsX4MlTek

Christian

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-08-29 07:35
    Christian: That is gorgeous! Fabulous job, I love it! Nice and quiet now, of course you'll fix that with bells and sounds. Your solenoid bumpers are amaxingly quiet. My 1977 Gottleib Jungle Queen has bumpers so loud they are deafening. Keep up the great work, keep posting, and welcome to the forums!
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2013-08-30 21:26
    That's a great looking project. How did you get those beautiful graphics?
  • trancefreaktrancefreak Posts: 186
    edited 2013-09-02 23:58
    Thanks for the kind words! :smile:
    Maybe it just sounds that the bumpers are quiet, they arent ;) Especially the flippers are quite loud. I'll keep posting but progress is very slow because of the lack of much spare time.
    Currently I'm working on the driver board for driving 48 solenoids, 64 lamps and 64 input ports.

@kwinn: The playfield graphic is from the future pinball table.
  • Hi did you ever finish this as I am interested to do the same type of thing
  • Trying to be language and construction independent, with currently (theoritically) supporting over 192 I/O on a custom board