Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
elev-8 camera mount kit — Parallax Forums

elev-8 camera mount kit

niewooniewoo Posts: 7
edited 2013-08-15 11:24 in Robotics
I got the elev-8 camera mount kit, but there seem to be no instructions and there are more pieces then I know what to do with. Seems the bottom plate of the quad has a hole the size of the camera mount, so the metal part is mounted inside? Or do is the metal part mounted outside with the arch-shaped piece on the inside of the quad, or? Thanks, Nick.

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2013-08-14 13:24
    Hi niewoo - Welcome to the Forums :-)

Assembly is pretty straight forward. This assembled unit should look like this:

image.jpg

The pic shows the unit fully assembled, and upside down. The four silver screws in the corners are used to mount the unit to the underside of the (Elev-8) using the (included) 4-40 silver nuts.

The big "wingnut" is used as a lock-nut to tighten against the camera body after you screw your camera on.

You can change the attitude of the camera by "rotating" along the axis defined by the two long black screws. As shown here the camera would be tilted at about 45 degrees.

-MattG
    1024 x 768 - 69K
  • niewooniewoo Posts: 7
    edited 2013-08-14 17:07
    OK, I was completely off :). I thought the large piece was just "packaging". Thanks.
  • Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2013-08-15 11:24
    Excellen niewoo :-) - When you get it mounted and working - show us what you've built, ok? :thumb:
    -MattG