Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pid contol — Parallax Forums

pid contol

B.C WangB.C Wang Posts: 4
edited 2013-07-23 20:10 in BASIC Stamp
Who can teach me how to add proportion control in my servos(hs322hd hitec)

Is it make my servo respond quickly,right?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-07-23 07:36
    Radio control servo motors don't have the ability to use PID. They have a simple servo mechanism inside that is not adjustable or controllable. The feedback portion of the servo mechanism is even disabled to make what's called a "continuous motion servo" motor.

There are actuators that look much like radio control servos, but use a digital controller and a high speed bus to communicate with the actuators. These have PID controllers and the parameters can be modified.

What are you trying to do?
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2013-07-23 16:20
    B.C.Wang, this may or may not be what you need for your present application but the following link has an excellent tutorial about P.I.D and is well worth reading any time.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/77656-PID-Control-Intro-with-the-BASIC-Stamp?highlight=proportional

Jeff T.
  • B.C WangB.C Wang Posts: 4
    edited 2013-07-23 19:40
    Mike Green wrote: »
    Radio control servo motors don't have the ability to use PID. They have a simple servo mechanism inside that is not adjustable or controllable. The feedback portion of the servo mechanism is even disabled to make what's called a "continuous motion servo" motor.

There are actuators that look much like radio control servos, but use a digital controller and a high speed bus to communicate with the actuators. These have PID controllers and the parameters can be modified.

What are you trying to do?

Mike Green,I use Hs322hd servos on my quad crawler...

If this,what I can do to let it respond fast?

(the ramp rate I use the fastest,the baud rate is also)
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-07-23 19:47
    B.C Wang wrote: »
    I use Hs322hd servos on my quad crawler...

What does the servo do in your quad crawler? Has it been modified to be continuous rotation?
    So,this servo can't use PID?

You need some sort of feedback to use PID. Normal hobby servos don't provide feedback. It's possible to add an encoder to obtain feedback but that requires an additional sensor.
    (the ramp rate I use the fastest,the baud rate is also)

What devices are communicating at this baud? This doesn't make much sense in terms of a normal hobby servo.
  • B.C WangB.C Wang Posts: 4
    edited 2013-07-23 20:10
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    What does the servo do in your quad crawler? Has it been modified to be continuous rotation?

You need some sort of feedback to use PID. Normal hobby servos don't provide feedback. It's possible to add an encoder to obtain feedback but that requires an additional sensor.

What devices are communicating at this baud? This doesn't make much sense in terms of a normal hobby servo.

What it do is to keep my quad crawler's body balance when I tilt the board.(my quad crawler is on a board)
    Besides,I think it might be continuous rotation...

I think my device also have sensor "H48C 3-axis accelerometer",so can it make a feedback?

bs2p24,after I improve the baud rate,it seems to respond quickly...