Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 OEM running program and loopback but can't load it anymore — Parallax Forums

BS2 OEM running program and loopback but can't load it anymore

-JR--JR- Posts: 6
edited 2013-07-17 00:25 in BASIC Stamp
Just installed Basic Stamp 2.5.3 on a XP machine that has a physical serial com port 1. I use this machines serial port all the time and I know it to be good.

Debug doesn't seem to respond either.

Loopback does respond when connected to the BS2 OEM port.

Every time a debug window is closed or I attempt to run/load the program the BS2 will reset and start running my old program.

I'm not sure if it's the fault of my my stamp installation or the BS2 it's self.

Ideals?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-07-15 16:06
    What type of cable are you using to connect the BS2OEM to the PC? A standard straight through cable (Not a null-modem/crossover cable) is required. Is this a desktop or laptop? You said the BS2OEM is running the current program; how do you know this? Does the current program send DEBUG info out to the DEBUG console (is it supposed to)?
  • -JR--JR- Posts: 6
    edited 2013-07-16 23:21
    Thanks for the reply Chris. To answer your questions...

I'm using the same straight through serial cable I used to load it last with, about 4 months ago.

I'm using a CF74 Toughbook, laptop.

I know the program to be running because a relay I have attached to the circuit is pulsing on and off in sync with the program I loaded.

The unit should be displaying the current time VIA the debug console so that I can see to use two inputs that adjust the hours and minutes.

Before I see your reply, I will try another straight serial cable.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I've been using this unit a lot to develop with. Probably done close to 300 writes to it.

Thanks again!
  • -JR--JR- Posts: 6
    edited 2013-07-17 00:25
    Localized the fault. While my serial cable rang out good, wiggling the connector on my COM port yields responses back on the debug. Seems to be a connector related issue.
    I'll sort it from here!

Thanks again Chris!