Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
no stamp found — Parallax Forums

no stamp found

itsmetomcitsmetomc Posts: 3
edited 2013-08-26 14:32 in BASIC Stamp
I just finished building the BS2 OEM kit. this is my second one. the first one I have been playing with on and off for 7 years. the new stamp kit does not output any data or debug information. I know it is receiving the program because when I load the memory map, the memory map will change with different programs loaded. the ID results are loopback yes, echo yes. when I run the program I get the message "no stamp found". I swapped out the new module with my older one with no different results. any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-07-12 22:10
    Please provide a little more info. Such as, what type of computer/connection/cable are you using? What OS and which version of Stamp Editor? This will help others in deciphering your problem. Also, have you installed the correct FTDI drivers if you are using a USB to Serial cable?
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2013-07-12 22:19
    itsmetomc wrote: »
    I know it is receiving the program because when I load the memory map, the memory map will change with different programs loaded.

itsmetomc - welcome to the Forum.

FYI - the memory map does not display what's in the Stamp memory, it only shows the program size that's loaded into the Stamp editor.

Check to make sure that you've installed the 4 TO-92 pack devices correctly; 3 are transistors, 1 is the under-voltage shutdown. They look the same and are easily confused.
  • itsmetomcitsmetomc Posts: 3
    edited 2013-07-13 15:08
    win 7, usb/serial connection, stamp editor 2.4.2. everything works on my other stamp oem board. I did notice that the reset supervisor referenced in the documentation has been replaced by an other piece. the label on it is "54vc 4302 92" and not the MN13811 from the docs.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-07-13 15:52
    Your new board should behave the same as the old board. If not, there's something wrong with the board or the parts on it or something is soldered wrong or mounted wrong, etc. You'll need to contact Parallax Tech Support directly. They'll probably run you through some basic tests you may have already done, then they'll likely offer to replace the board.
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,752
    edited 2013-07-14 14:07
    itsmetomc wrote: »
    win 7, usb/serial connection, stamp editor 2.4.2. everything works on my other stamp oem board. I did notice that the reset supervisor referenced in the documentation has been replaced by an other piece. the label on it is "54vc 4302 92" and not the MN13811 from the docs.

Install the Reset Supervisor (marked, “13811” or “54VC”) into U3.
    (See page 2, #8 of OEM-BS2-A2-V1.6.pdf)

Q1, Q2, Q3, and U3 look the same so Q1 and Q2 should be 2N3904, Q3 should be 2N3906, and U3 should be 13811 or 54VC.

Not that it matters but there is now a 2.5.3 Stamp Editor for Windows 7.
  • itsmetomcitsmetomc Posts: 3
    edited 2013-08-26 14:19
    sorry to waste every ones time.. upon further inspection I discovered I had swapped 2 transistors.. I tried to de solder these but the board is very well engineered and will not desolder very well. I can attest to the solid foundation that these boards are made of .. purchased another board and I now have an extra parallax chip and eprom for future mistakes.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2013-08-26 14:32
    Thanks for the follow up! Glad to hear this was 'fingered out'.

Care to mark your entry as solved?