Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stingray Drawings for PARTS.. — Parallax Forums

Stingray Drawings for PARTS..

jtilghmanjtilghman Posts: 67
edited 2013-07-15 21:23 in Robotics
I would to make a stingray chassis robot, but they are no longer being sold.

So I was thinking if someone had drawing with sizes and such on it, then I could copy/scan that and try to get some ABS or some other kind of plastic.

Get it laser cut and use that for the robot, while keeping the shape and size of the stingray.

The tail wheel bracket would most likely have to be redone as I don't think a laser cutter can do that kind of part.

I am open to suggestions as other ways to do this.

I really like look and design of the stingray and I am really sad to see it go before I had a chance to catch one.

Thanks,
jt

Comments

• WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2013-07-12 23:32
    I have 2 extra plates if you want them, just pay shipping. Came from Parallax's freebie table at the Propeller Conference. (PM me)

I would think that Parallax would release the AutoCAD files now that it is completely end of life. However, you can scan in a plate and replicate it in any software.

Check into 1/4" MDF as an option. On my "Rocka" thread (a miniature stingray robot), I am using 0.2" thick MDF and it works great off the laser.
  • dmagnusdmagnus Posts: 271
    edited 2013-07-13 06:24
    I have a Stingray that I am considering selling. I want a Thumper! Trouble is, what is a Stingray chassis worth? I want to keep the board and Pings, but otherwise, it would be a complete Stingray chassis. PM me and we can talk.
  • jtilghmanjtilghman Posts: 67
    edited 2013-07-15 21:23
    This would be the best.

'Parallax would release the AutoCAD'

This I know nothing about:

'However, you can scan in a plate and replicate it in any software.'

And this would be pretty sweet:

'1/4" MDF OR 0.2" thick MDF'

Thanks,
    jt

PS: Let me know how much the shipping is for: 'I have 2 extra plates if you want them, just pay shipping.'

I have 2 extra plates if you want them, just pay shipping. Came from Parallax's freebie table at the Propeller Conference. (PM me)

I would think that Parallax would release the AutoCAD files now that it is completely end of life. However, you can scan in a plate and replicate it in any software.

Check into 1/4" MDF as an option. On my "Rocka" thread (a miniature stingray robot), I am using 0.2" thick MDF and it works great off the laser.