Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
newbie question on datasheets for Parallax sensors / components — Parallax Forums

newbie question on datasheets for Parallax sensors / components

HappyHippoHappyHippo Posts: 6
edited 2013-07-07 23:46 in Accessories
Is there a spot where the datasheets for the Parallax components are posted? I can't seem to find it. Right now, I'm looking for the specs on the LEDs that came with the kits I have (IR, bicolor, green, red, etc.)

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-07-07 07:33
    With very few exceptions for the most trivial components, the webstore page for the product has links for datasheets, coding examples for use with Stamps and/or Propeller, etc. The list of links is usually on the right-hand side about 1/2 way down the webpage. The LEDs are trivial components and, as you've noticed, don't have a link to a datasheet. I suspect Parallax gets them from a variety of suppliers / manufacturers and there may be minor variations in the specs from time to time.

I suggest you go to Mouser or DigiKey's website and look up a typical LED of the color you're interested in. They will have a link to a datasheet and the information there should be close enough (Vf - forward voltage mostly). Bicolor (red / green) LEDs are just two LEDs back to back and a datasheet for any bicolor LED will show you which way they're connected.
  • HappyHippoHappyHippo Posts: 6
    edited 2013-07-07 08:19
    Thanks, in particular, however, I was wondering mainly about the IR LEDs.
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,747
    edited 2013-07-07 23:46