Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propscope + Galaxy Tab 2 + Android 4.1.1 + Samsung USB adapter + you? — Parallax Forums

Propscope + Galaxy Tab 2 + Android 4.1.1 + Samsung USB adapter + you?

Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
edited 2013-07-07 22:25 in Accessories
I have a galaxy tab 2 and I love it. I have been using my usb adapter with it, and it works very well, i can plug in mice, keyboards, gamepads, flash drives, hard drives, etc...
I have yet to get a serial port open to a ftdi device, which I am working on now, after I get that going, I plan to dig into making an android app that interfaces to the propscope using the ftdi usb to samsung usb adapter.

Anyone have any info, experience, or advice on this?

I was also thinking that bluetooth might be a way to go(but the ftdi chip inside would need to be hacked to bypass it, and it would need a battery hack too)
So i kinda like the usb cable method, as it dosen't require any mod of the propscope.
Anyone wanna join in?

Hanno, are you willing to help get me started? Can i use your prop side firmware.. if so, do you have any info you can send me, if you are willing? I can keep any details private if you choose. Or you could dev a android app? My video attached below, shows that the FTDI device works when connected to the Samsung USB adapter, and will properly communicate with the android app.

Comments