Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Solved: Could really use some help with a tricky bug in XBee "Base"/"Remote" code — Parallax Forums

Solved: Could really use some help with a tricky bug in XBee "Base"/"Remote" code

vanmunchvanmunch Posts: 568
edited 2013-06-28 14:15 in Announcements
Solved, kept working on it and finally figured it out :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello,

I could really use some help with a very annoying bug in a program that I once wrote for reading remote values from a station that monitored the light and soil moisture that a plant was receiving. However I could never get the base station to be able to receive the data the that plant station was sending. The base station could take the user request, send it to the plant station, the plant station would display on it's screen that it had received the request and the green "send" LED on the XBee would blink. However, the red "receive" LED on the base station never would. I've spent most of this week trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong because I'd really like to use this functionality for part of my project.

I posted the problem and code in the wireless forum a few days ago, but there's not mush activity there. I know I'm breaking one of the forum rules, but it's driving me a bit batty (very batty).

The original thread with both sets of the code is here:
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/148753-Sooooo-Close-XBee-problem-with-base-station-receiving-data-from-remote-station

Any help would be great!!!!

Dave