Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bitcoin Miner ( Klondike / Avalon) Building a Host with the Prop + Wiznet Possible — Parallax Forums

Bitcoin Miner ( Klondike / Avalon) Building a Host with the Prop + Wiznet Possible

Igor_RastIgor_Rast Posts: 357
edited 2013-06-21 10:58 in Accessories
Ok . I have been verry bussy for a wile not getting so much time to do the coding . So my projects got a bit stuck .
speaking about an lcd gui to the prop

But latly I have a new addiction ,, Bitcois , :P:P

Building a bitcoin miner with a propeller is just not the thin to even think about doing, But there is somthing the propeller can do like a champion I think

If your a folwer of the bitcoin movement latly , everybody waiting for the Avalon Asci chips to arrive.
next best ting , The Klondike Opensource Bitcoin Miner
All you will be needing after you got yourself some of these K16 module miners . the only thing you will still be needing is
- a power suply
- a host controller

powersupply you just have to go but a atx one , does the job

But the host that usualy is a computer , is somthing to get rid of. people are experimentig with a raspberri Pi as a host , that also seems to work quite well , And some with a TP-link router I touth ( not much informations on that) ,.

But

What about a Propeller controlled Controller for this Klondike Board . This can give a pretty nice selling amout for those chips here
I have had the pleasure to work with Mike G on the Wiznet 5200 driver code ,. Have build a controller that monitors , controllers , and is accessable by network , + not to forget DHCP that was allot of headache to get it working . Mike G beeing the man to thank for the great efforts with this wiznet chip .
Anyway ,

propeller + eerprom + Wiznetchip == Verry Nice Master controller to controll the Klondike boards
its verry efficient in terms of power , thats what everybody is looking for in the bitcoin comminity , and would require only a webbrouwser(pc or a mobile devie with network/internet acces ) to setup .

And that it Verry neat solution To get all those Klondike board mining easy

We shoulded need to use any storage I think . cause the only thinkgs we want to be saving , are
-html page
- settings / wich pool
- bitcoin payout adress

so that sould fit inside tha Eeprom

Thing that needs to be figured out is how to get cgminer to run inside the prop , MUST BE IMPOSSIBLE :smile:

What do you guys think . Working solution ,

Or I havent heard that one yet , sound great , ?????

Let me know what you think , and if its eaven possible

Igor Rast

@Mike G - Off course We would love your expert oppinion on this , your the man for the job :P

P.S . If it ever is something to work on . I want it to be called ¨ Korsow ¨ After my beloved Island :P

Edit : Think i will have to let the wiznet do the stratum proxy thing , and let the prop control the asciś

Comments