Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Makercase.com : Web Based Generator for Laser Cut Boxes; Works Great!!! — Parallax Forums

Makercase.com : Web Based Generator for Laser Cut Boxes; Works Great!!!

WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
edited 2013-06-20 13:09 in General Discussion
A friend passed this on the other day and of course I had to try it out. To my amazement, it works very, very well. You simply plug in the parameters for your box size, thickness of your material, and your laser kerf, then BAM! you get an SVG drawing ready to go. Send to the laser and get the pieces for a box. You can also add holes (round and rectangular) on all sides as well as text.

MAKERCASE.COM

Here is a simple enclosure for holding four different diameters of 1/4 pound spools of Tin Lead, No-Clean solder. It is not glued, the sides squeeze fit together very well.
MakerCase_Test_uno.jpg

Note: I did have issues printing the SVG file from Firefox and IE to the laser. For some reason the cut lines do not come through to the laser, so it only etched the text. However, I dropped the SVG file into Visio (my go-to app for the laser), and it works perfectly.
1024 x 768 - 66K

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2013-06-20 10:26
    WBA-
    So you get me all excited, then the link breaks...
    -MattG
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2013-06-20 11:16
    ? confused, link works fine on this end. It doesn't appear to be using java or anything funky. Maybe Parallax has the site blocked because they want you doing the hard work yourself? :lol:
  • Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2013-06-20 13:09
    its working fine now thanks for fixing their site ;-) besides, I do all the easy work here :thumb:
    -MattG