Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Automated CLimate Control — Parallax Forums

Automated CLimate Control

ClaiudiuClaiudiu Posts: 13
edited 2013-08-04 11:38 in Robotics
Hello, i want to make a project which will conttrol temperature
i have the source code but i don't have a connection diagram, and i want to eliminate cooler
I also don`t know how to use PLX-DAQ to send results to excel sheet in my PC. Do you have any idea/suggestions how can i do that?
Thanx a lot!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-06-19 08:30
    There seems to be an intermittent problem accessing the forums and a longer reply got lost.

1) Try to contact the people who did this project. They may have a writeup that they're willing to share.
    2) Complex projects like this one are built up a piece at a time. Parallax has many of the pieces you'd need and they have examples and documents for each of these separate sensors, etc.
    3) Look through the Nuts & Volts Columns and the tutorials, particularly Column #91. From Parallax's main webpage, click on the Resources tab to get to the Columns and click on the Downloads button to get to the Tutorials page. In particular, you might want to look at the Process Control tutorial, the Industrial Control tutorial, and the Smart Sensors tutorial.
    4) Download PLX-DAQ from the Stamp Software page via the Downloads page. There's a manual included that describes how to use it.
  • ClaiudiuClaiudiu Posts: 13
    edited 2013-06-22 10:02
    Thank you, i tried contacting them but they only give me source code, not schematic on how to connect it. but i`ll figure it out. I downloaded the tutorials, now i`m gonna start reading because there is a loot of information. I`ll keep you in touch with my progress on the project. maybe i`ll even put a video on youtube.
    Mike Green wrote: »
    There seems to be an intermittent problem accessing the forums and a longer reply got lost.
    1) Try to contact the people who did this project. They may have a writeup that they're willing to share.
    2) Complex projects like this one are built up a piece at a time. Parallax has many of the pieces you'd need and they have examples and documents for each of these separate sensors, etc.
    3) Look through the Nuts & Volts Columns and the tutorials, particularly Column #91. From Parallax's main webpage, click on the Resources tab to get to the Columns and click on the Downloads button to get to the Tutorials page. In particular, you might want to look at the Process Control tutorial, the Industrial Control tutorial, and the Smart Sensors tutorial.
    4) Download PLX-DAQ from the Stamp Software page via the Downloads page. There's a manual included that describes how to use it.
  • Igor_RastIgor_Rast Posts: 357
    edited 2013-06-22 15:43
    What wil you be wanting to control there .

I have experimented some with what your looking for it think

monitoring temp & humidity , and displaying and controlling them tru a webpage served by the wizet
    maybe you should check the old post on that
    edited 2013-06-23 10:23
    So ... I want to control the temperature in the box to be situated in the interval 19-21 Degrees Celsius. So when the temperature will be to high, my pc fan will start and introduce cold air inside from my box with ice.
    I have a :
    Basic stamp 2 development board.
    a BS2-IC module rev J
    a PC brushless fan 12 V , 0.56 Amps
    a SHT15 temp&humid sensor
    and i don`t know which relays are good for powering my fan. i found in stores Solid state relays but are to expensive. I want to use electromagnetic because are cheaper. Can i use that instead?
    and still, i don`t know how to link PLX-DAQ with the sensor to send my temp&humid readings to excel sheet. i red the help file, but i`m a bit confused.
    do you know how could i do that?
    I see that you used a propeller board, which is quite different than mine, and you bought a website module from wizet which stores the data on a website.
    But i don`t need that. i only want to save data on excel sheet.
    Thank you
    Igor_Rast wrote: »
    What wil you be wanting to control there .

I have experimented some with what your looking for it think

monitoring temp & humidity , and displaying and controlling them tru a webpage served by the wizet
    maybe you should check the old post on that
  • Igor_RastIgor_Rast Posts: 357
    edited 2013-06-23 11:30
    He

I dont know if the stamp is up to all that , I only have some experience with the propeller , it has 8 cores . so you can kinda say its 8 stamps in one ,, to better suit the job .

There is no data being stored on a website , the wiznet acts as a small server itself and hosts this webpage , tru the webpage you could see the actual data that is being read by the sensor
    at some point i decided to put all the html code out of the propeller and onto my server that I have running at home cause the html was stored on eerprom and was eating large chunks of memory , I was running out of space .So was forced to

I could have put the sd card in and solve it by putting all the code on the sd card ant let the prop send it to the wiznet , but i just didnt want to implement it for the function it had . maybe for you a better idea to use a sd card , you need it anyway if you want to save the data you record ,.

, I used a sht-11 (probably not alot different then yours) .

At the time I bought it at mouser because it was new and there warent any drivers andso for it . Now day you have a verry good start sourcecode of Mike G for the wiznet . and there is a quickstartboard expansion of the wiznet , so ist a snap on and your ready to go (quistart i see is out of stock , maybe you could get a second hand one orso ).
    Thats if you want it to have net connectivity and be monitored and controlled via any browser in the network .

You could always just ad a sd-card to the prop , and let it store all the data on there and import it later to the excel sheet

I have to say i struggled with the PLX-DAQ myself without understanding it and gave up and went for this approach , so I cant help you with that

if you want to monitor via network and let the microcontroller do the monitoring and controlling then I think you will need a prop anyway ,
    I my situation the 8 cores were used like below

4 cores to run the wiznet and keep communications with the network
    1 core that continuasly monitors the sensores .
    1 core that runs the main program ( flowchart - if this then that )
    1 core to run a display on the prop and interface tru a few buttons

can be optiized of course , and i havent looked at it for a while :p

but it does work verry nicely

if its a scool project , 1 thing I knoow , If you can let the teacher take his/her smartphone out of his pocket , go to a website ,. .login . see the graps running and be able to controll it . He wil be SOLD ! . :p
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,748
    edited 2013-06-23 17:21
    Claiudiu wrote: »
    Video here : http://youtu.be/GDE5LW8rrF0

So ... I want to control the temperature in the box to be situated in the interval 19-21 Degrees Celsius. So when the temperature will be to high, my pc fan will start and introduce cold air inside from my box with ice.
    I have a :
    Basic stamp 2 development board.
    a BS2-IC module rev J
    a PC brushless fan 12 V , 0.56 Amps
    a SHT15 temp&humid sensor
    and i don`t know which relays are good for powering my fan. i found in stores Solid state relays but are to expensive. I want to use electromagnetic because are cheaper. Can i use that instead?
    and still, i don`t know how to link PLX-DAQ with the sensor to send my temp&humid readings to excel sheet. i red the help file, but i`m a bit confused.
    do you know how could i do that?
    I see that you used a propeller board, which is quite different than mine, and you bought a website module from wizet which stores the data on a website.
    But i don`t need that. i only want to save data on excel sheet.
    Thank you

Claiudiu,

What you want to do sound exactly what is talked about in Industrial Control and Product Control both of which can be downloaded from the Parallax website. These books use a different sensor hooked up to an Analog-to-Digital-Converter (ADC) and the small 12V fan is control by a Transistor and data is recorded and graphed using a program called StampPlot. In Industrial Control the goal is to keep the temperature consistent in an incubator but a computer case is similar. You of course know that there are PC cooling kits that you can buy that have fan controllers and some even have fancy digital displays.

Brian
    edited 2013-06-25 10:45
    Thanx Brian! I read the books fast, because i don`t have so much time to waste, and i just did the trick without relays, i used transistors instead (BD139). I just succeded to power a fan from BS board, but now i`m stuck. I want my BS to control the fans, in function of temperature. How do i do that? What pins should i connect and where? I have the source code, but it`s a bit complicated to me, i`ll attach some photos and i`ll type the source code here, if it`s ok.
    Photos:
    http://i.imgur.com/Mdzg0q8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/diyxPpY.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/PQlyG1E.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/KcZtREa.jpg

and source code:
    http://dfiles.eu/files/7gw8a1czm
    ' ==============================================================================
    '
    '   {$STAMP BS2e}
    '
    ' ==============================================================================

' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' I/O Definitions
    ' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShtData         CON     6                       ' bi-directional data
    Clock           CON     8

cnt VAR Word

'-----Constant declarations------
    '**************Variables for light sensor*********************
    S0 CON 0               'Sensitivity selection pins
    S1 CON 1
    IN CON 2               'TSL230 output pin input to controller
    OUT CON 3              'Output to LED1
    LED1 CON 4             'Output to LED2
    LED2 CON 5             'Output To LED3
    relay CON 7            'Connection to fan through relay
    relay1 CON 9           'relay for cooling equipment
    relay2 CON  12         'relay for humnidifier
    humid_fan CON 13       'relay for dehumidifier

'*************Variables for tmp/hum sensor********************
    ShtTemp         CON     %00011                  ' read temperature
    ShtHumi         CON     %00101                  ' read humidity
    ShtStatW        CON     %00110                  ' status register write
    ShtStatR        CON     %00111                  ' status register read
    ShtReset        CON     %11110                  ' soft reset (wait 11 ms after)

Ack             CON     0
    NoAck           CON     1

No              CON     0
    Yes             CON     1

MoveTo          CON     2                       ' for DEBUG control
    ClrRt           CON     11                      ' clear DEBUG line to right

DegSym          CON     186                     ' degrees symbol for DEBUG

' Variables

ioByte          VAR     Byte                    ' data from/to SHT1x
    ackBit          VAR     Bit                     ' ack/nak from/to SHT1x
    toDelay         VAR     Byte                    ' timeout delay timer
    timeOut         VAR     Bit                     ' timeout status

soT             VAR     Word                    ' temp counts from SHT1x
    tC              VAR     Word                    ' temp - celcius
    tF              VAR     Word                    ' temp - fahrenheit

soRH            VAR     Word                    ' humidity counts from SHT1x
    rhLin           VAR     Word                    ' humidity; linearized
    rhTrue          VAR     Word                    ' humidity; temp compensated

status          VAR     Byte                    ' SHT1x status byte
    tempthresh      VAR     Word                    ' temp Threshold
    humiditythresh  VAR     Word                    ' Humidity Threshold
    lightthresh     VAR     Word                    ' Light Threshold
    counter         VAR     Nib
    ' EXCEL VARIABLES
    sPin            CON     16                    'Serial Pin - P16, Programming port
    Baud            CON     84                    'Baud mode for a rate of 9600, 8-N-1
    ' EEPROM Data

' Initialization
    LOW S0                 'Set sensitivity pins (S0,S1) to x10
    HIGH S1

Initialize:
      GOSUB SHT_Connection_Reset                    ' reset device connection

PAUSE 250                                     ' let DEBUG window open

' Program Code
    'SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,B4,",DEC cnt,CR]     'Send Current Light to Excel Sheet

MAIN:
    SEROUT sPin,Baud,[CR]                  'Send a lone CR to ensure PLX-DAQ buffer is ready
     '******************************************LCD DISPLAY**********************************************
      SEROUT 10, 84, [22, 12, 17]
      'PORT #10
      SEROUT 10, 84, [128, "TEMP  HUMID LGHT", 148, DEC (tC / 10), ".", DEC1 tC, 154, DEC (rhTrue / 10), ".", DEC1 rhTrue, "%", 161, DEC cnt]

'*************************************TEMPERATURE SENSOR********************************************
      GOSUB SHT_Measure_Temp
      DEBUG MoveTo, 0, 3
      DEBUG "TEMPERATURE ", CR
      DEBUG "soT...... "
      DEBUG SDEC soT, ClrRt, CR
      DEBUG "tC....... "
      DEBUG SDEC (tC / 10), ".", SDEC1 tC, DegSym, ClrRt, CR
      SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,B2,",SDEC (tC / 10), ".", SDEC1 tC,CR]     'Send Current temprature (C) to Excel Sheet
      DEBUG "tF....... "
      DEBUG SDEC (tF / 10), ".", SDEC1 tF, DegSym, ClrRt, CR
      SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,GET,B1,",CR]     ' Read Temprature Threshold from the Excel Database
      SERIN sPin, Baud,200,Timeout1,[SDEC tempthresh]        ' Set Threshold Value to the read value
      DEBUG "tempthresh...", tempthresh, CR, CR
      MAIN3:
        tempthresh = ((tempthresh*10) + 400)*10
        SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,C7,",SDEC tempthresh,CR]     'Send Set temprature (C) to Excel Sheet for verification

'Comparing Temperature Threshold Values
        IF (soT < tempthresh) THEN high_hot_fan
        IF ((soT > tempthresh) & (soT < (tempthresh+100))) THEN low_cool_fan
        IF (soT > (tempthresh+100)) THEN high_cool_fan

MAIN1:
      '**************************************HUMIDITY SENSOR*********************************************
      GOSUB SHT_Measure_Humidity
      'humiditythresh = 400
      DEBUG MoveTo, 0, 8, CR
      DEBUG "HUMIDITY ", CR
      DEBUG "soRH..... "
      DEBUG DEC soRH, ClrRt, CR
      DEBUG "rhLin.... "
      DEBUG DEC (rhLin / 10), ".", DEC1 rhLin, "%", ClrRt, CR
      DEBUG "rhTrue... "
      DEBUG DEC (rhTrue / 10), ".", DEC1 rhTrue, "%", ClrRt
      SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,B6,",DEC (rhTrue / 10), ".", DEC1 rhTrue,CR]     'Send Current Humidity to Excel Sheet
      SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,GET,B5,",CR]         ' Read Humidity Threshold from the Excel Database
      SERIN sPin, Baud,200,Timeout2,[DEC humiditythresh]        ' Set Threshold Value to the read value
      MAIN4:
        SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,C9,",DEC humiditythresh,CR]     'Send Current Humidity to Excel Sheet
        SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,B6,",DEC (rhTrue / 10), ".", DEC1 rhTrue,CR]     'Send Current Humidity to Excel Sheet

'Comparing the humidity Threshold Values
        IF (rhTrue < (humiditythresh*10)) THEN HIGH_RELAY2
        IF (rhTrue > ((humiditythresh*10)+20)) THEN LOW_RELAY2

MAIN2:
     '****************************************LIGHT SENSOR***********************************************
      DEBUG MoveTo, 0, 13, CR
      COUNT IN, 100, cnt   'COUNT on P2 FOR 100 ms, store value in cnt
      SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,B4,",DEC cnt,CR]     'Send Current Light to Excel Sheet
      SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,GET,B3,",CR]      ' Read Light Threshold from the Excel Database
      SERIN sPin, Baud,200,Timeout3,[DEC lightthresh]        ' Set Threshold Value to the read value
      MAIN5:
        SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,C8,",DEC lightthresh,CR]     'Send Set light to Excel Sheet for verification

'Comparing the light Threshold Values
        IF (cnt < lightthresh) THEN LED_HIGH1  'If Intensity very low, turn on all LEDs
        IF (cnt > lightthresh & cnt < (lightthresh+10)) THEN LED_HIGH2  'If Intensity low, turn on only one LED
        IF (cnt > (lightthresh+10) & cnt < (lightthresh+40)) THEN LED_HIGH3  'If Intensity low, turn on only one LED
        IF (cnt > (lightthresh+40)) THEN LED_LOW   'If Intensity really High, turn off all LEDs

GOTO MAIN
    ' Subroutines

' connection reset: 9 clock cyles with ShtData high, then start sequence
    '

SHT_Connection_Reset:
      SHIFTOUT ShtData, Clock, LSBFIRST, [$FFF\9]

' generates SHT1x "start" sequence
    '          _____         _____
    ' ShtData       |_______|
    '              ___     ___
    ' Clock    ___|   |___|   |___
    '
    SHT_Start:
      INPUT ShtData                                 ' let pull-up take line high
      LOW Clock
      HIGH Clock
      LOW ShtData
      LOW Clock
      HIGH Clock
      INPUT ShtData
      LOW Clock
      RETURN

' measure temperature
    ' -- celcius = soT * 0.01 - 40
    ' -- fahrenheit = soT * 0.018 - 40
    '

SHT_Measure_Temp:
      GOSUB SHT_Start                               ' alert device
      ioByte = ShtTemp                              ' temperature command
      GOSUB SHT_Write_Byte                          ' send command
      GOSUB SHT_Wait                                ' wait until measurement done
      ackBit = Ack                                  ' another read follows
      GOSUB SHT_Read_Byte                           ' get MSB
      soT.HIGHBYTE = ioByte
      ackBit = NoAck                                ' last read
      GOSUB SHT_Read_Byte                           ' get LSB
      soT.LOWBYTE = ioByte

' Note: Conversion factors are multiplied by 10 to return the
      '       temperature values in tenths of degrees

tC = soT / 10 - 400                           ' convert to tenths C
      tF = soT ** 11796 - 400                       ' convert to tenths F
      RETURN

' measure humidity
    '
    SHT_Measure_Humidity:
      ioByte = ShtHumi                              ' humidity command
      GOSUB SHT_Wait                                ' wait until measurement done
      ackBit = Ack                                  ' another read follows
      GOSUB SHT_Read_Byte                           ' get MSB
      soRH.HIGHBYTE = ioByte
      ackBit = NoAck                                ' last read
      GOSUB SHT_Read_Byte                           ' get LSB
      soRH.LOWBYTE = ioByte

' Conversion factors are multiplied by 10 and then rounded to
      ' return tenths
      '
      rhLin = (soRH ** 26542)
      rhLin = rhLin - ((soRH ** 3468) * (soRH ** 3468) + 50 / 100)
      rhLin = rhLin - 40

' Conversion factors are multiplied by 100 to improve accuracy and then
      ' rounded off.
      '
      rhTrue = ((tC / 10 - 25) * (soRH ** 524 + 1) + (rhLin * 10)) + 5 / 10
      RETURN
    Timeout1:
        GOTO MAIN3

Timeout2:
        GOTO MAIN4

Timeout3:
        GOTO MAIN5

LED_HIGH1:                                'Turn ON all LEDs
      DEBUG "Light Intensity Lowest...."
      DEBUG DEC5 cnt , ClrRt, CR              'Display value of cnt, as a decimal
      HIGH OUT
      HIGH LED1
      HIGH LED2
      RETURN

LED_HIGH2:                                'Turn ON 2 LEDs
      DEBUG "Light Intensity Medium1...."
      LOW OUT
      HIGH LED1
      HIGH LED2
     RETURN

LED_HIGH3:                                'Turn ON 1 LEDs
      DEBUG "Light Intensity Medium2...."
      LOW OUT
      LOW LED1
      HIGH LED2
      RETURN

LED_LOW:                                  'Turn OFF all LEDs
      DEBUG "Light Intensity Highest...."
      LOW OUT
      LOW LED1
      LOW LED2
      RETURN

high_cool_fan:
      DEBUG "Turning Cooler ON....", CR
      HIGH relay1
      LOW relay
      GOTO MAIN1

low_cool_fan:
      DEBUG "Turning Fans OFF....", CR
      LOW relay
      LOW relay1
      GOTO MAIN1

high_hot_fan:
      DEBUG "Turning Heater ON....", CR
      HIGH relay
      LOW relay1
      GOTO MAIN1

HIGH_RELAY2:
      DEBUG "Turning on Humidifier....", CR
      HIGH relay2
      LOW humid_fan
      GOTO MAIN2

LOW_RELAY2:
      DEBUG "Turning off Humidifier....", CR
      LOW relay2
      HIGH humid_fan
      GOTO MAIN2

SHT_Write_Status:
      ioByte = ShtStatW                             ' write to status reg command
      ioByte = status
      GOSUB SHT_Write_Byte
      RETURN

' returns "status"
    '
    SHT_Read_Status:
      ioByte = ShtStatW                             ' write to status reg command
      GOSUB SHT_Read_Byte                           ' send command
      ackBit = NoAck                                ' only one byte to read
      GOSUB SHT_Read_Byte
      RETURN

' sends "ioByte"
    ' returns "ackBit"
    '
    SHT_Write_Byte:
      SHIFTOUT ShtData, Clock, MSBFIRST, [ioByte]   ' send byte
      SHIFTIN  ShtData, Clock, LSBPRE, [ackBit\1]   ' get ack bit
      RETURN

' returns "ioByte"
    ' sends "ackBit"
    '
    SHT_Read_Byte:
      SHIFTIN  ShtData, Clock, MSBPRE, [ioByte]     ' get byte
      SHIFTOUT ShtData, Clock, LSBFIRST, [ackBit\1] ' send ack bit
      INPUT ShtData                                 ' release data line
      RETURN

' wait for device to finish measurement (pulls data line low)
    ' -- timeout after ~1/4 second
    '
    SHT_Wait:
      INPUT ShtData                                 ' data line is input
      FOR toDelay = 1 TO 250                        ' give ~1/4 second to finish
        timeOut = INS.LOWBIT(ShtData)               ' scan data line
        IF (timeOut = No) THEN SHT_Wait_Done        ' if low, we're done
        PAUSE 1
      NEXT

SHT_Wait_Done:
      RETURN

' reset SHT1x with soft reset
    '
    SHT_Soft_Reset:
      GOSUB SHT_Connection_Reset                    ' reset the connection
      ioByte = ShtReset                             ' reset command
      ackBit = NoAck                                ' only one byte to send
      GOSUB SHT_Write_Byte                          ' send it
      PAUSE 11                                      ' wait at least 11 ms
      RETURN

Genetix wrote: »
    Claiudiu,

What you want to do sound exactly what is talked about in Industrial Control and Product Control both of which can be downloaded from the Parallax website. These books use a different sensor hooked up to an Analog-to-Digital-Converter (ADC) and the small 12V fan is control by a Transistor and data is recorded and graphed using a program called StampPlot. In Industrial Control the goal is to keep the temperature consistent in an incubator but a computer case is similar. You of course know that there are PC cooling kits that you can buy that have fan controllers and some even have fancy digital displays.

Brian
    edited 2013-06-26 01:16
    Yes i know that, but i wanna do it myself, without fancy display. Just to display in my debug window.
    I made the fan to run(used transistor BD411 instead of relay), but now i don`t know how should i connect it to microcontroller, so that when the SHT15 will detect the temperature above 26 degrees C, it will start my cooling fan, and after the temp reaches 24 degrees, it will stop it.
    any ideas?
    Thanx a lot
    Genetix wrote: »
    Claiudiu,

Brian
    edited 2013-06-26 12:32
    Here is the part of the code, maybe you would correct me a little bit. Thanx
    '*************************************TEMPERATURE SENSOR********************************************
    GOSUB SHT_Measure_Temp
    DEBUG MoveTo, 0, 3
    DEBUG "TEMPERATURE ", CR
    DEBUG "soT...... "
    DEBUG SDEC soT, ClrRt, CR
    DEBUG "tC....... "
    DEBUG SDEC (tC / 10), ".", SDEC1 tC, DegSym, ClrRt, CR
    SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,B2,",SDEC (tC / 10), ".", SDEC1 tC,CR] 'Send Current temprature (C) to Excel Sheet
    DEBUG "tF....... "
    DEBUG SDEC (tF / 10), ".", SDEC1 tF, DegSym, ClrRt, CR
    SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,GET,B1,",CR] ' Read Temprature Threshold from the Excel Database
    SERIN sPin, Baud,200,Timeout1,[SDEC tempthresh] ' Set Threshold Value to the read value
    DEBUG "tempthresh...", tempthresh, CR, CR
    MAIN3:
    tempthresh = ((tempthresh*10) + 400)*10 'This converts value from degree to analog value from temp sensor.
    SEROUT sPin,Baud,["CELL,SET,C7,",SDEC tempthresh,CR] 'Send Set temprature (C) to Excel Sheet for verification

'Comparing Temperature Threshold Values
    IF (soT < tempthresh) THEN high_hot_fan 'If sensor temp is less than threshold then run this routine.
    IF ((soT > tempthresh) & (soT < (tempthresh+100))) THEN low_cool_fan 'If sensor temp value is between threshold and threshold+100 then run this routine.
    IF (soT > (tempthresh+100)) THEN high_cool_fan 'If sensor temp value is more than threshold+100 the run the cooling fan routine.

high_cool_fan:
    DEBUG "Turning Cooler ON....", CR
    HIGH relay1
    LOW relay
    GOTO MAIN1

low_cool_fan:
    DEBUG "Turning Fans OFF....", CR
    LOW relay
    LOW relay1
    GOTO MAIN1

high_hot_fan:
    DEBUG "Turning Heater ON....", CR
    HIGH relay
    LOW relay1
    GOTO MAIN1
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,748
    edited 2013-06-26 16:48
    Claiudiu wrote: »
    Yes i know that, but i wanna do it myself, without fancy display. Just to display in my debug window.
    I made the fan to run(used transistor BD411 instead of relay), but now i don`t know how should i connect it to microcontroller, so that when the SHT15 will detect the temperature above 26 degrees C, it will start my cooling fan, and after the temp reaches 24 degrees, it will stop it.
    any ideas?
    Thanx a lot

Exercise 2 of Chapter 5 of Industrial Control sounds similar to what you want to do. Omit all the DEBUG commands that start with "!abcd.." since you don't want to use StampPlot. They use an LM34 connected to an ADC0831 so you can substitute your SHT15 code. By the way Parallax doesn't sell the SHT15 but they do sell the SHT11 and both devices are on the same datasheet. In Industrial Control they turn a heater on and off similar to what you want to do with your fan.
    edited 2013-06-27 00:55
    I made it! Job Done! There was a flaw in my connection. Now everything goes smooth. i just have to work out with the code so it displays allright in the debug window of the Basic Stamp Editor.
    edited 2013-07-16 06:16
    I also upload a video on youtube :) Thumbs up if u like it !
    http://youtu.be/imJc_reASCE
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-07-16 10:01
    Jack,

I'm glad you got your circuit and program to work. I can understand you're excited about it but it's not nice (IMO) to post a link to your video in multiple old threads about the Sensirion sensor.
  • remon404remon404 Posts: 5
    edited 2013-08-02 14:26
    i think Thermistor very important parts for this project.
    here your project detail Click here
    Sounds very interesting and helpful! Thanks for sharing Claiudiu.
    thanks our moderator Mike Green. great Teacher.
    edited 2013-08-03 01:52
    no greeting !!!
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-08-03 09:23
    remon404 wrote: »
    no greeting !!!

Howdy.

Oh, I liked how your method used the light in the room to active the fan. I've been trying to figure out how I'd want a system in our house to work. I'm not sure if I'd want just the light to be the trigger.

I imagine each room would have its own set of rules of acceptable temperature ranges. I'd like to add some sort of speech recognition to each room so I could verbally instruct the controller on when I want the cooling or heat turned on.

I thought it odd the linked paper didn't have a date (at least not one I could find). When was your project submitted?
    edited 2013-08-04 11:29
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    Howdy.

Oh, I liked how your method used the light in the room to active the fan. I've been trying to figure out how I'd want a system in our house to work. I'm not sure if I'd want just the light to be the trigger.

I imagine each room would have its own set of rules of acceptable temperature ranges. I'd like to add some sort of speech recognition to each room so I could verbally instruct the controller on when I want the cooling or heat turned on.

I thought it odd the linked paper didn't have a date (at least not one I could find). When was your project submitted?
    u can add speech recognition device. Its too hard because when a device try to catch specific voice or tone then it needs some calculation before control.
    edited 2013-08-04 11:38
    you can Use android device for this purpose. Recently i noticed some android well developed software. Thats speech recognition system is awesome.
    Thanks Duane