Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any Basic Stamp carrier boards with USB?? — Parallax Forums

Any Basic Stamp carrier boards with USB??

DavidNymanDavidNyman Posts: 52
edited 2013-06-09 13:09 in BASIC Stamp
I recently changed my computer at home only to find out I no longer have the DB9 serial plug to program my stamps.
I purchased the StampDuino and really like the mini-usb plug, only it doesn't have any room for prototyping.
Are there any other carrier boards available for the BS2 that have the mini-usb? I've seen the Homework board but its a little steep in price for a carrier board.
Ideal would be a super carrier board with a mini-usb.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-06-09 12:24
    DavidNyman wrote: »
    I recently changed my computer at home only to find out I no longer have the DB9 serial plug to program my stamps.
    I purchased the StampDuino and really like the mini-usb plug, only it doesn't have any room for prototyping.
    Are there any other carrier boards available for the BS2 that have the mini-usb? I've seen the Homework board but its a little steep in price for a carrier board.
    Ideal would be a super carrier board with a mini-usb.

This is a smokin' price which includes the USB to RS-232 interface which can be used on other BS2 boards.

Whada think?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-06-09 13:09
    You can use Parallax's USB to serial adapter with any of the Stamp carrier boards. I'm not positive, but I think you can pop off the breadboard from the Stamp Activity Board and use the area underneath for a carrier board.