Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Blue Scribbler Parts — Parallax Forums

Blue Scribbler Parts

ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
edited 2013-06-11 10:18 in Robotics
Anyone have a source for the rubber tires for the Blue Beastie? Sid's tires (o-rings) have 'dried out' to the point his stall detection doesn't work. If his IR doesn't detect an object, he'll happily run into it and just sit there spinning his wheels. Tried cleaning them with warm water, then dilute glass cleaner and finally alcohol, but nothing worked.

Can I get replacements from Parallax or will I need to rummage through the o-ring bins at the hardware store? I couldn't locate any on the website. Thanks!!!!

Amanda

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-06-07 08:18
    Amanda,

As this product is made by our Chinese factory, we don't get spare parts. But I have plenty of S1/S2 guts in my office and would be happy to scavenge a few tires for Sid - please e-mail me your shipping address kgracey@parallax.com and I'll send them out.

- Ken
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2013-06-07 09:09
    Ken,

That would be great. I'm sure Sid will appreciate it as well!
    IMAG0377.jpg

He tries hard to look like an evil robot, but he doesn't pull it off very well. :smile:

Amanda - Thinking Parallax is the best company ever.
    1024 x 612 - 57K
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-06-07 11:21
    ajward wrote: »

Amanda - Thinking Parallax is the best company ever.

Thanks very much, but you are all too easy to please. You make it easy for us by telling us when you have a problem and you need some help. I just wish we could find all of the forum threads more quickly where people need some kind of support that we might be able to provide.

Forum members: please feel free to call our attention to details we miss in these discussion threads. I'm sure there are may needs we don't catch.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2013-06-07 18:34
    Agreed ajward - Parallax is the best! Glad that Sid has new tires...

Believe it or not I have two old blues still in shrink-wrapped boxes. I got them as payment for a robotics course I taught a while back!

I was working on a crawling Scribbler a while back and never got it just right - I still have hopes though - I was shooting for no permanent modification to the original bot.

Scribbler Legs.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 116K
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-06-08 02:33
    Awesome legs, Whit+! Keep moving onnit, I want to see your S1 walk! Looks like the sheet styrene I use, where didja get it?

And I concur, Ken & Parallax are the best.
    edited 2013-06-08 19:57
    Needs a face like Sid's too!

The great thing about old Blue and the S2 is that the leg kit would work for both since they close to identical physically.

@ajward - If we could figure out the right size to order - these might be very cool! - http://www.oringsusa.com/html/products.html

L
    ook at these choices! http://www.oringsusa.com/html/colors.html
    edited 2013-06-11 10:08
    I can't believe than nobody bit on the color O rings! You probably had to order a minimum of 10,000 anyway.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-06-11 10:18
    The only O-rings I care about are the 1" Viton O-rings on a Corvair engine to stop the pushrod tubes from leaking oil!

Hey, do those come in red? :)