If I don't want to use the IR remote I use the the say it module

It can be?

Because If I insert ir remote code the say it module not working

If I insert say it module code the ir not working

So it can be the 2 of them working ?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-05-25 09:50
    This is your 5th or 6th thread on essentially the same question ... How to combine two different programs so they functionally work together. This is not a simple task although it is straightforward if you understand how each of the programs work and you understand the programming language you're using. It can be done, but you will have to do the work involved. In the other threads you have been given some suggestions for where to start in terms of Basic Stamp references and tutorials. Again, "What's a Microcontroller?" is the starting point. You will need the "Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual" and "IR Remote for the BoeBot Robot". Work through the exercises until you understand what each of the statements do that are used in the IR Remote and Say It programs. You will essentially have to write a version of the IR Remote program that's intended to work with and be part of the existing Say It program. We cannot and will not do this for you although we'll be happy to answer specific questions and clarify specific points as you go along. You need to have a basic vocabulary and skill set for Stamp programming so we can communicate in a way to help you do this.
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2013-05-28 08:41
    zainab1421 wrote: »
    I have the code with ir remote and say it modle and done with them and its work

The point is I need to make them working together

If I don't want to use the IR remote I use the the say it module

It can be?

Of course it can.

Because If I insert ir remote code the say it module not working

If I insert say it module code the ir not working

So it can be the 2 of them working ?

I have to ask... do you understand what the code is doing? You say you're inserting code modules. Sounds like your modules were created separately without consideration for what each one was trying to do.

Remember, the BS2 can only do one thing at a time. However, with careful coding, you can "interleave" commands so the Stamp can sequentially do many things in a short amount of time.
    Perhaps an option would be to have your 'bot drive for a distance then stop for a bit to monitor the IR and/or Say It. Then repeat.

When you get that working, study the program and try to figure out how to streamline it. To do that you need to (Ta-dah)... "Spend some quality time with the Say It documentation. Also reviewing "Robotics with the Boe Bot", "What's a Microcontroller" and "Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual" certainly can't hurt. (All available online)"

It can work. Good Luck!

Amanda