Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp 2 to USB connection — Parallax Forums

Stamp 2 to USB connection

natethegreatnatethegreat Posts: 1
edited 2013-05-14 10:33 in BASIC Stamp
I just got the stamp 2 (had a stamp 1 for a while so it feels familiar!) and I wanted to be able to communicate between my computer and my stamp via USB for a small robotics project. The problem is I have little to no experience with the USB protocol or wiring at a low level. Do I need to know how to wire up a usb port to the stamp? Or can I use the usb connection that is used to program it? Also are there any good examples of using the serin serout commands properly and can the stamp 2 communicate both ways on a usb? I feel like these questions have all been answered before but doing a quick search of the forums I wasn't able to find much. If it helps, I plan to eventually use the stamp as a middle man between the main computer and the motors and sensors for a robot hence the need for information to go both ways. Any links to documentation and tutorials would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-05-14 10:33
    I just got the stamp 2 (had a stamp 1 for a while so it feels familiar!) and I wanted to be able to communicate between my computer and my stamp via USB for a small robotics project. The problem is I have little to no experience with the USB protocol or wiring at a low level. Do I need to know how to wire up a usb port to the stamp? Or can I use the usb connection that is used to program it? Also are there any good examples of using the serin serout commands properly and can the stamp 2 communicate both ways on a usb? I feel like these questions have all been answered before but doing a quick search of the forums I wasn't able to find much. If it helps, I plan to eventually use the stamp as a middle man between the main computer and the motors and sensors for a robot hence the need for information to go both ways. Any links to documentation and tutorials would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

A great place to start is the Sticky:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/110200-Member-Supported-FAQ

Y
    es, You can communicate over the same USB programming connection. You normally use the DEBUG command.

Read the Sticky and come back with more questions.