Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
An Erco/Starkey Challenge $250 — Parallax Forums

An Erco/Starkey Challenge $250

rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
edited 2013-05-15 08:38 in Robotics
Let's face it, Erco has cost all of us a lot of money. Every time he posts a link to an incredible value, we go there and think seriously about how many we should buy.

So, what is an Erco challenge? It's the sort of thing Erco would do to stimulate, aggravate and inspire us. No prizes, just the satisfaction of being there.

So, to celebrate our friend and fellow forumnista, I would like to issue this "Erco/Starkey challenge."

It irritates me that I bought those cheap servo's and stepper motors and have never used them. And I don't have time to experiment with them either.
It also irritates me that Don Starkey went to all the trouble to give us a propeller based CNC system, and I can't build one or buy one.

So here is the challenge... use either the cheap servo's or the cheap stepper motors and Don's Obex submission and build a "model" cnc machine.

Send that machine to Erco .,.. and if he smiles... and you are first or second... you get $250.

Total parts bill has to leave you a profit:)

Rich

Comments

• Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2013-05-14 16:48
    Have you heard of the Eggbot and its open source twin the Spherebot? I've been contemplating using my two motors plus a mini servo to build one. But I have another project in flight which I will document shortly.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-05-15 08:38
    I love a good challenge, and I'm flattered and smiling already. Now where is this $250 coming from again? :)