Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
[Need Help](Urgent) Problems about L3G4200D 3-axis gyroscope — Parallax Forums

[Need Help](Urgent) Problems about L3G4200D 3-axis gyroscope

Leung Cheuk FungLeung Cheuk Fung Posts: 5
edited 2013-05-12 19:47 in Accessories
Since this sensor is responsible for the angle calculation,but I want to ask wheather the sensor can also calculate the linear displacement(X,Y,Z axis)?? I already had the program code of it(BS 2),How can I rewrite the code to comply with my request??

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-05-10 06:27
    Linear displacement? This is a gyroscope. It provides angle information. When you combine data from a gyroscope, an accelerometer, and an accurate clock, you can derive linear displacement (inertial navigation). That's a complex subject, beyond what we can provide.
  • Leung Cheuk FungLeung Cheuk Fung Posts: 5
    edited 2013-05-10 19:27
    Thanks a lot. Moreover is there any reference code about calculating displacement using vector form,I am using basic stamp.Thank you
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-05-12 19:47
    There is no reference code for the Basic Stamp that I know of. You would need some kind of fast external arithmetic coprocessor in any event for any sort of practical inertial navigation unit. There are several objects in the Propeller Object Exchange that implement portions of an inertial navigation unit using an external math coprocessor and a Propeller. You would still need some kind of accelerometer. The Propeller can provide an accurate clock.

The source files for the objects include references to various texts which you might consult.