Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serious Help Needed! — Parallax Forums

Serious Help Needed!

zerosimplezerosimple Posts: 1
edited 2013-04-28 19:34 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I am trying to write a code for a BoeBot using the proximity sensor, it has to be able to complete a maze. It is also required for the bot to sit at the starting line until you wave your hand in front of the sensor as it then proceeds to start the course and then also stops once it reaches the end of the course. I was sick most of the semester and did all of my work on my own time and don't exactly understand all what I am exactly doing. My group members also haven't been paying much attention and are even more clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a pre-existing code out there that they could post it would be amazing. Below I am going to include some pictures of our set up so far. Thanks so much in advance!

Boebot1.jpg
1024 x 768 - 85K

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-04-27 12:28
    1) Your BoeBot is not going to get very far running off a 9V battery. That's suitable for powering just the Stamp itself, but not at all as a power source for motors. You need at least a battery pack of 4 x AA cells if they're alkalines or 5 x AA cells if rechargables.
    2) You're obviously not using a PING ultrasonic sensor. If you want help, you're going to have to give more details and provide links to datasheets for the non-Parallax parts.
    3) Maze traversal is a very complex problem. You're very unlikely to find pre-existing code that someone will give you, particularly for an obvious contest where, I'm sure, writing the program is part of the challenge. We'd be happy to answer specific questions, but getting ready-to-go code is out of the question and would be cheating. Maybe if you provided the e-mail address of the contest organizers so we could verify that using someone else's code is acceptable ...
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-04-28 14:04
    Looks like a Sharp IR module to me. To interface to a BS2, you'll need an ADC converter, as shown at www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/acc/SharpGP2D12Snrs.pdf

Or else, if you can live with a digital high/low at whatever fixed distance your module triggers, you can skip the ADC as shown at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLk4n8KjhB4
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-04-28 19:34
    It looks like they are using a ADC chip. My guess is it's a LTC1298.

I don't understand the wiring though. It doesn't look like it's wired correctly to me. I looks like Din is connected to Vdd.