Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Where to find wav files — Parallax Forums

Where to find wav files

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2013-04-29 15:42 in Announcements
So I have spent the past couple of weeks working on getting my code and hardware for my Micro Medic project together. I have thus far been able to modify variuos snippets of demo code to accomplish a few tasks. First, I modified the Pressure sensor demo code so that when the senor "pressure" reaches a certain point 2 servos will start, the bar graph lights up, an LED comes on and a wav file plays. This is exactly in line with what I am trying to accomplish so thanks to those that helped out. Now, I need to find somewhere to get either free or cheap lung and heart sounds in a 16 bit wav file format. I found a couple sites and downloaded some files but they are 24 bit. I have tried pretty much every conversion program I can find but it seems that after converting from 24 bit wav to 16 bit wav they for some reason will not open. I have tried using all the various wav programs in the OBEX to no avail. I am thinking of getting a new Sound Blaster sound card that is supported under Windows 7 64 bit where the "What You Hear" feature actually works. That way I can play the sounds and record them the way they need to be. Any how, if anyone knows where to get lung and heart sound wav files that are already 16 bit please point me to them. Thanks.

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-04-24 21:39
    Moderators, Can you please move this post to the Prop 1 Forum? It seems as no one is really monitoring this one.
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2013-04-29 15:42
    Hi NWCCTV (Been busy) - use the Audacity program to change the format. It's what they use at parallax and it's free.

If you need some heart sounds or breath sounds, let me know and I can send you some.