Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robots Are Coming... & More Hype — Parallax Forums

Robots Are Coming... & More Hype

PJAllenPJAllen BannedPosts: 5,065
edited 2013-04-19 18:22 in Robotics

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-04-16 13:04
    Several years ago I gad an idea for a new restaraunt. One that was soley controlled by robots. You would sit down at a table, place your order via a touchscreen menu and robots would deliver your food. Low and behold it looks like the Japanese beat me to that one!
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2013-04-16 18:20
    Five of the nine slides were Photoshop concept art. Where I work the design group gives us Photoshop design flats all the time. Actually building the product is significantly harder than making a picture of it. But somehow its hard to convince business people of that.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-04-16 18:37
    @Martin_H: What's life in Boston like now? I ran that marathon 3 times. What a shame, prayers to your city.
    edited 2013-04-16 19:00
    erco wrote: »
    @Martin_H: What's life in Boston like now? I ran that marathon 3 times. What a shame, prayers to your city.

People are still in shock, and there's a lot of sadness because many people have connections to the injured or casualties. For example Krystle Campbell was killed and is a resident of my town, also one of the teachers at my kids' school was near the finish line when the bomb went off. He sustained some mild injuries from the flying shrapnel, but nothing like some of the major trauma that occurred. Other people have similar stories. The police have been out in force with bomb sniffing dogs on the T and commuter rails, which is for the best because the perpetrator is still at large which frankly is a disquieting thought,
    edited 2013-04-17 08:45
    Not a moment Tenergy is proud of...

tenergy.JPG
    530 x 360 - 43K
    edited 2013-04-19 18:03
    They just got suspect #2 alive. Supposedly, they used a robot & camera to peek into the boat he was hiding in, perhaps to determine that he didn't have an IED vest on.

A sad & senseless tragedy. Prayers for Boston and the victims.
    edited 2013-04-19 18:22
    Indeed, it's been a tense day in Boston and surrounding areas. We woke up to the news about the overnight shootout, and no one went to work. I'm glad that they've been apprehended.