Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wireless USB — Parallax Forums

Wireless USB

BAndersonBAnderson Posts: 9
edited 2013-04-15 20:50 in Accessories
Does anybody have a suggestion for a good single port wireless USB dongle and receiver? Im looking for a simple low-cost ready to use product (not a kit), with a USB dongle transceiver at the computer end and a transceiver with a female USB at the remote end.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-04-14 20:21
    I assume that what you want is a wireless substitute for a USB cable with a dongle to plug into a USB host and a box with a female USB port that you can plug a USB client into. If so, there was one on the market a few years ago (from IOGEAR), but it's no longer being manufactured. You might possibly find one on e-Bay. There several that show up on internet searches like this one on Amazon, but I don't know whether they're still carried or whether they really work. I've seen reviews of the IOGEAR unit and it seemed to work ok.

I did find what seems to be an updated IOGEAR device here that works over an existing WiFi network without a special PC dongle.
  • BAndersonBAnderson Posts: 9
    edited 2013-04-14 22:51
    Yes the one you mention made by IOGEAR a few years ago is actually the type I want. It was small, simple and low-cost. I really wonder why it was discontinued and why no other companies seems to make a similar product. I actually also don't see a lot of other wireless USB cable replacement products. I wonder why?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-04-15 07:28
    BA: I have one I can part with. PM me if you're interested. I' m near LA.
  • BAndersonBAnderson Posts: 9
    edited 2013-04-15 20:50
    Thanks for the offer erco, but I was actually looking for a manufacturer/store from where I could buy these since I would need them on a continuous basis in relation to my work.