Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to transfer data to computer by blue-tooth module? — Parallax Forums

How to transfer data to computer by blue-tooth module?

Patrick168Patrick168 Posts: 1
edited 2013-04-12 12:18 in Robotics
I want to tranfer data from robotic to computer. The program is PBasic. I use Parallax-Serial-Terminal to tranfer data by blue-tooth module now. How to transfer data to computer by blue-tooth module without Parallax-Serial-Terminal? I want to save the data to my computer.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-04-12 08:15
    You have several choices.

1) You can use a PC program like StampPlot Pro or an Excel add-in like PLX-DAQ to communicate via Bluetooth with the Stamp. Go to the Parallax Downloads webpage under Stamp Software, download these programs and look at the documentation to see how this is done. Both allow you to save data on the PC

2) You can write your own program in any programming language. The program would talk to the Bluetooth adapter via a standard PC COM port. There are some examples of this using VB (Visual Basic). There are a couple of recent threads in the forums on this subject. Look back through the various forums for the last week or so for these.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2013-04-12 12:18
    Here some notes on how thsis might be done, this example is for propforth. But the same would apply to any implementation.

http://code.google.com/p/propforth/wiki/LittleRobotBluetooth