Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pbasic and the Pololu 2s9v1 — Parallax Forums

Pbasic and the Pololu 2s9v1

smccauleysmccauley Posts: 4
edited 2013-04-11 09:04 in BASIC Stamp
Can anyone point me towards some sample code for Pbasic and the Pololu 2s9v1 motor controller? I have used Pololu controllers and Pbasic with great success in the past, but this one is new to me. Demo mode on the controller works fine, but I have not hit on the proper format for serial communications with this unit. Older Pololu documentation always included some snippets of sample code which were enough to get me going. The documentation for the 2s9v1 does not. I am waiting for my registration on the Pololu forums to be activated, but am hoping that someone on this forum may be using the 2s9v1 and Pbasic.

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-04-11 09:04
    From the Stamp's perspective, the Pololu 2s9v1 is nothing special. The logic power supply has to be 5V and the grounds have to be connected together. You use SEROUT to send to the 2s9v1. The 2s9v1 has automatic Baud detection, so you can pick any Baud from 1200 to 9600 and you have to send a single byte of $AA during initialization. Read the 2s9v1 documentation for how the LEDs show whether this is received properly. After that, you send commands as described in the documentation and use SEROUT for that.