Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
boe bot projects — Parallax Forums

boe bot projects

casey113casey113 Posts: 5
edited 2013-04-04 16:05 in BASIC Stamp
I was thinking what if we made a program that lets you command the survos lik turn left and it turns left 90 degrees.Please send me you program so i can see becase, like to see homemade prograams that are simple but, work like it took years.(note:I work on a bs2 software on 2.5)

I was thinking of another chalege that i want to see.It is if just out of the scrapes left in the boe bot kit after building it you can make a scaner to scan the room

please reply I'm new sorry for misspelled words:thumb:

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2013-04-04 15:34
    command the survos lik turn left and it turns left 90 degrees
    HARD TO DO WITH SERVOS SINCE THEY ARE NOT PRECISION DEVICES AND WILL CHANGE THEIR MOVEMENT DEPENdiNG on load and power supplied. Now, if you were using encoders it might work better. For code check out the boebot manual, the nuts and volts articles and the learning tutorials.Sorry about the caps, not sure where they came from....
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-04-04 16:05
    Welcome to the forums. There should be some examples in the Robotics with the BoE-Bot manual for doing what you describe. As Franklin was getting at, the servo values used to do this will vary for everyone since servos turn a little different given the same values from one to the next, especially continuous rotation servos which have to be calibrated and can change a little between microcontrollers due to clock tolerance, etc.

I would recommend building of the examples in the Robotics with the BoE-Bot manual and keep in mind that without encoders you won't have much precision in turning exactly 90 degrees. Even with the encoders there will be variance among different surfaces such as a table vs a hardwood floor or carpeted floor.