Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID reader/writer + Pepperl & Fuchs transponder — Parallax Forums

RFID reader/writer + Pepperl & Fuchs transponder

LinusNLinusN Posts: 2
edited 2013-04-03 18:45 in Accessories
I have bought the RFID reader/writer module 28440 and have been trying to read data from Pepperl & Fuchs IPC03-54-T8 transponders (link).
I have found information that these transponders are based on EM4450, so it should be possible to read/write those with the 28440.

However... the only answer I get from the 28440 is ERR_LIW (status byte = 2).
One thing I came to think of is that maybe the P&F transponders are password protected from factory to enable only P&F readers/writers to use them.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or with similar applications/issues?

I found this in the EM4450 manual:
When a word is read protected, the output will consist of 45 bits set to logic "0". The password has to be used to output correctly a read protected memory area.
This indicates that my problem might not be password related since I get nothing in return at all. On the other hand, I have no idea how the microcontroller on the 28440 board handles a problem such as that?

Added a bit later
This post kind of indicates this issue has been solved by getting a new 28440. Has anyone else had problems with faulty items?

Comments

• LinusNLinusN Posts: 2
    edited 2013-04-03 11:48
    I found the solution!
    It turned out to be power related. I had simply soldered a FTDI USB-Serial cable to the 28440, and powered it through USB.
    When I powered it from my lab supply it worked great. Might be of interest for others here!

HOW DO I MARK THIS THREAD SOLVED?
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-04-03 18:45
    HOW DO I MARK THIS THREAD SOLVED?
    Just go to your first post, select edit and then Go Advanced. It will be at the top left.