Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Rfid with usb connecton — Parallax Forums

Rfid with usb connecton

soad303soad303 Posts: 1
edited 2013-04-02 08:01 in Accessories
Hello!
I have problems to find for my rfid reader(KR201E) possible way to connect it with pc through usb.
I really need that. I have searched for that so long that i am really desparate.
Thanks for help !

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-04-02 08:01
    We can't help you. This is a support forum for Parallax's products and the RFID reader you mentioned (KR201E) is not a Parallax product nor do you want to connect it to a Parallax microcontroller like the Stamp or Propeller. Try contacting the manufacturer for assistance.

Parallax does make a 125KHz tag RFID reader that can connect to a PC via USB, but it's not weatherproof like the KR201E. It can be put into a weatherproof box. The Propeller is capable of reading 125KHz RFID tags with an external coil and a few other passive components attached (see attached ZIP file if interested) and can be attached to a PC via USB like with the QuickStart Board and possibly the QuickStart Proto Board Kit. It's also capable of serving as a complete RFID system by attaching an SD card socket to hold access lists and log files and using a TV or VGA display and a PS/2 keyboard for control.