Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Saving information from DEBUG in bs2 — Parallax Forums

Saving information from DEBUG in bs2

gavin45gavin45 Posts: 2
edited 2013-03-27 08:49 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I am using the parallax board of education microcontroller with a usb connection. I was wondering if there is anyway to write data from the debug screen to a file, or even to another tab in BS2 editor.
I am using it to save data from an accelerometer and I have everything working. I just need to know if there is any way to save the data on to the same laptop that the microcontroller is connected to.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• SapphireSapphire Posts: 496
    edited 2013-03-25 08:16
    You can use Hyperterminal to capture the DEBUG output. Close the debug screen in the editor, and open the same comm port with Hyperterminal at 9600,N,8,1 setting. Then using Transfer, set Capture Text to a file.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-03-25 08:16
    Welcome to the forums! You can always copy/paste the information from the DEBUG screen into a file. In the DEBUG settings you can set the number of lines that are buffered. I hope this helps.
  • gavin45gavin45 Posts: 2
    edited 2013-03-27 05:49
    Thanks a lot for a quick reply.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-03-27 08:49
    To expand on that answer...if you're using the DEBUG terminal there are no write-to-disk features, however you could use a terminal program that does save the buffer to disk. There are many out there. Otionally if you have any PC software development skills and the software you could write an application in VB.NET or some other language that captures the data in the format you want.

Finally, you can also use something like our USB Datalogger to output the data directly to a USB Thumb Drive that can be then plugged into your PC.