Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp editor saved file location — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp editor saved file location

Clay LClay L Posts: 18
edited 2013-04-06 11:03 in BASIC Stamp
I had a major crash and had to reinstall my operating system (Win7 Home Premium 64 bit) I thought I had backed up my project files but hadn't.
I backed up the files under Program Files (x86) / Parallax/Basic Stamp V2,53 but my projects aren't there.
Where is the default location for saved programs?

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-03-24 17:27
    Try looking in C:\Users\YourUserName. If nothing else search the entire C drive for *.bs2 or whatever your related chip was. Good luck.
  • Clay LClay L Posts: 18
    edited 2013-03-27 16:13
    Thanks, tried both of those things.
    Then I created a projects folder under parallax/stamp editor/BS2/projects. I loaded button.bs2 and saved it out as button test.bs2 to the projects folder. When I open the folder in Widows explorer the folder is empty, A win 7 search comes up blank.
    If I start the stamp editor and open the projects folder, the button test.bs2 file is there.
    I am now totally confused
    edited 2013-03-27 16:26
    In the Stamp Editor, Go to Edit, Preferences, then select the File & Directories Tab. That will tell you where it is all being stored. You may be able to find your lost files from your backup in that same directory. Myself I have a server where everything gets saved to so I am not 100% sure where Windows 7 places them but I thought it was under the Users folder.
    edited 2013-04-06 09:41
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner but the automatic answer notification isn't working.
    I have a new problem this morning and can't start the Basic Stamp editor. The splash screen hangs. It can't be killed with the Task Manager either. It looks like a Windows update blew things iup again.
    I will have to solve that problem now.
    This is surprising since a couple of weeks ago after everything else failed I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the Win7 64 bit operating system.
    Something weird is going on.
    edited 2013-04-06 09:58
    I hate to state the obvious but have you tried a reboot? Also, check your Event Manager in the Administrative tools to see if there are any errors being thrown at you. I have all the Windows 7 64 bit updates current and no problems . (Yet!!!!)
    edited 2013-04-06 11:03
    There were problems with several other programs besides Stamp and missing icons on the task bar as well. Rebooting didn't help and Restore timed out. I finally opened in safe mode and then got Restore to work.
    So far so good.