Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MacBS2 Debug Screen — Parallax Forums

MacBS2 Debug Screen

HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
edited 2013-03-28 11:58 in BASIC Stamp
Are some DEBUG functions disabled?
It looks like DEBUG CRSRXY is not working.

Reference statements:
bpx.gifpenguin_realtime_dataplotter.bpx‎

Comments

• HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2013-03-27 05:59
    Is there another version of MacBS2 that works? There's currently about 40 versions.
    edited 2013-03-27 06:35
    I run more tests. The statement works fine on the PC Stamp Editor but not on the MacBS2 debug screen.

The failed statement is
    [COLOR=#103ffb][B]DEBUG[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#103ffb][B]CRSRXY[/B][/COLOR], 20, 14, "*"

It fails to tab to the right 20 spaces.
    The * will only display in the first column.

Is there any way to fix the error?
    edited 2013-03-27 18:18
    Anyone have the contact email for murat n konar, the author of MacBS2? I went to the website and the email link is not working on my computer. http://www.muratnkonar.com/otherstuff/macbs2/
    edited 2013-03-28 11:58
    I seem to have found the solution after studying this anomaly off and on. The actual DEBUG control character CRSRXY does not work in MacBS2's DEBUG screen and another programming solution will need to be developed. This information is found in the BASIC Stamp Editor / Development System Version 2.0 Beta Release 2 Document. Google it for the download. In this case, the DEBUG screen within MacBS2 is considered the external application. The additional control characters shown were not tested, however I believe many of these will also not work, particular, those with similar formats. At first glance, lack of using this control technique puts a damper on the development of real time graphics and plotting. After some study, a simple approach to replacing the CRSRXY control can be developed.

New DEBUG Control Characters
    Note: These new control characters may only work properly within the BASIC Stamp development system, and not with external applications (i.e., HyperTerminal). The number in parenthesis is the numeric value of the string constant.

[FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSRXY (2)[/FONT][FONT=courier new]  Move to cursor to X, Y (X[/FONT][FONT=courier new] byte and Y[/FONT][FONT=courier new] byte follow command)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSRLF (3)[/FONT][FONT=courier new]  Move cursor position left[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSRRT (4)  [/FONT][FONT=courier new]Move cursor position right[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSRUP (5)[/FONT][FONT=courier new]  Move cursor position up one line[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSRDN (6)[/FONT][FONT=courier new]  Move cursor position down one line[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•LF     (10)[/FONT][FONT=courier new] Linefeed character[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CLREOL (11) [/FONT][FONT=courier new]Clear all characters to the end of current line[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CLRDN  (12)[/FONT][FONT=courier new] Clear all characters from the current position to the end of window[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSR[/FONT][FONT=courier new] X (14)[/FONT][FONT=courier new] Move to cursor to column X (X[/FONT][FONT=courier new] byte follows command)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][FONT=courier new]•CRSRY  (15)[/FONT][FONT=courier new] Move to cursor to line Y (Y[/FONT][FONT=courier new] byte follows command[/FONT]
    [/FONT]