Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Really Strange Homework Board Issue — Parallax Forums

Really Strange Homework Board Issue

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2013-03-17 13:57 in BASIC Stamp
So, Way back when Parallax first had their sale on the "What's A Microcontroller" Kit I bought one, (or two, can't remember), Any how, I finally got around to playing with it tonight, I have an LCD board I wanted to try out so I connected it up following the instructions here: http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/audiovis/SICSerialLcd.pdf I was able to get the test code to show up on the LCD. I then unplugged the battery and entered the firs simple test code in to the editor. When I connected the battery again all I got was a quick flash of the green power light and then nothing. If I press Reset the light flashes quickly again and then once again there is no power. I confirmed the battery was good by testing it on another homework board with my RFID set up on it and that one was fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem (other than the obvious) might be? I know electronics do fail and usually if they are going to it happens in the first few uses.

Comments

• Hal AlbachHal Albach Posts: 747
    edited 2013-03-17 13:51
    It looks like a power regulator is being overloaded and it's shutting down. Disconnect everything from the prototype area and the black strip alongside with the P-- labels. All you want is just the stamp plugged into board. See if the power light stays on. If it still goes out then unplug the stamp and try again. Make sure the slide switch is in position 1 or 2. Position 0 is off. If the light stays on then possibly the stamp is toast.

Hal
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-03-17 13:57
    This is a Homework Board. The Stamp is embedded and there is no slide switch. I did remove everything from the proto board. Same issue. I have contacted tech support to see if they can resolve.