Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SumoBot Tilt Control — Parallax Forums

SumoBot Tilt Control

ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
edited 2013-03-18 00:15 in Robotics
From the title... Has anyone used these circuits/programs: http://learn.parallax.com/project/xbee-sumobot-tilt-controller

I've been fiddling with this most of the day and can't get them to work. Well, I can get the "Test Accelerometer" program to work, but when I load the "XBee Tilt Controller CH B.bs2" program, Debug just shows "Configuraing XBee" for a while then just stops. There seems to be continuous communication between the peecee and the H/W board.

Then... when I upload the "XBee Tilt Controlled SumoBot CH. B.bs2" program to the BoeBot, I get the same result.

I've wired and rewired half a dozen times and I'm darned sure the wiring is correct. Any thoughts?

Amanda

Problem solved! While wiring and rewiring the Xbees, I relied on my memory for the pin locations. Wrong! After pulling off the 5V adapter, I noticed I'd missed the Din/Dout connections by one pin. C**p!!!!
So... everything works just fine. More tinkering ahead.

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2013-03-16 19:29
    I was going to try it today (real quick) for a 4-H Robot Open House and then when I went digging through my parts, I didn't have the accelerometer they used and didn't have time to research the parts I found. (I am still convinced I have the part...somebody just mis-filed it!! :0) )

I'm still going to try it someday. It looked almost too easy to be true.
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
    edited 2013-03-17 12:01
    mindrobots wrote: »
    I was going to try it today (real quick) for a 4-H Robot Open House and then when I went digging through my parts, I didn't have the accelerometer they used and didn't have time to research the parts I found. (I am still convinced I have the part...somebody just mis-filed it!! :0) )

I'm still going to try it someday. It looked almost too easy to be true.

After finding my mistake, I decided it =was= pretty darn easy. Haven't found the range with the Xbees... I'll report back a bit later. Going out to play with him for a while.

Amanda
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
    edited 2013-03-18 00:15
    Just a quick update. Ran Bob in the parking lot today and came up with a working range of about 40 feet. I'm thinking I should get a bit more distance, but...
    I'll look at antenna positions and module locations to see if I can tweak a bit more out of the setup.

Amanda