Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Oregon looking to outlaw "Drones". - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Oregon looking to outlaw "Drones".

2»

Comments

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    edited 2013-03-20 08:38
    Ttailspin wrote: »
    Also, we will have to figure out how to keep a pile of Kindles burning..
    I had the pleasure of listening to Richard Stallman a couple of weeks ago (argh, now I'll be on your list as well..), and he pointed out that of course 'kindle' also has the meaning of starting a fire, so it can (and do) burn books by itself. By remote control from Amazon, which they did a while ago. Ironically it was the book "1984" by George Orwell and another book by the same author.

-Tor
  • Mike4421Mike4421 Posts: 131
    edited 2013-03-20 17:50
    Using my smartphone to reply; please excuse any errors.... I'm not surprised that Oregon placed that law. Oregon has some pretty strictked laws, example; when I add diesel to my 18 wheeler commercial truck Oregon requires a special permit or you can't fuel up, some drivers don't even want to go to Oregon for those kinds of strict laws..... I think this law was placed to keep teenagers from making truble in the community; one of them must have gotten someone important angry, and so the outcome...
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2013-03-20 19:35
    AFAIK its not a law yet ...... My college is informed and they are taking care of " stuff" nothing Like 600 angry Geeks..
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2013-03-20 22:20
    Mike4421 wrote: »
    Using my smartphone to reply; please excuse any errors.... I'm not surprised that Oregon placed that law. Oregon has some pretty strictked laws, example; when I add diesel to my 18 wheeler commercial truck Oregon requires a special permit or you can't fuel up, some drivers don't even want to go to Oregon for those kinds of strict laws..... I think this law was placed to keep teenagers from making truble in the community; one of them must have gotten someone important angry, and so the outcome...

Hmm, I know that if you do not have the fuel permit you need to pay the tax on it, never had a problem fueling up in Oregon without their permit - it just cost more, although I did try to avoid it if possible. However, in my personal vehicle I enjoy fueling up in Oregon (gas or diesel) since they always pump the fuel for you.