Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Jaws Code, Open Source — Parallax Forums

Jaws Code, Open Source

John BoardJohn Board Posts: 371
edited 2013-03-11 06:38 in Robotics
G'day everyone,

About mid last year, my robot, Jaws, in all it's aquard glory stole a magical first, at the regional RoboCup 2012's, in Rockhampton, Australia. After which, made it's way down to States, then funded by the state, to Nationals - where it came a crushing last place (due to motor meltdown. No kidding. I had no spare motors. It was devistating). Having said that, I've been looking back, and decided that others may be interested in the code from this bot. I'll just run over a few key features of the robot:

MCU: Propeller (v1.0)
Distance Sensors: 2x Ping))) Ultrasonics
Color/Light sensors (for following lines, of which the course at the competitions primarily consisted of): 5x QTIs, 2x ColorPALs
Tilt: 1x Gyroscope
Terrain (?): 1x "Feeler", kind of like the feelers that blind people use, it was a wheel on a rod, attached to a pot, which went up and down, according to terrain in front of it.
Locomotion: 2x Tamiya Gearboxes, 1 castor
Mechanical: 1 arm, used for picking up softdrink cans. Consisted of 1 Tamiya gearbox, and 1 servo motor.

That's about it, sorry for no pics, I might post later if I can find some.

So, anyway, as for code, it's all on github, feel free to poke around, steal what you want, etc:

https://github.com/boar401s2/Jaws

I hope you enjoy.

-John

Comments

• dgatelydgately Posts: 1,629
    edited 2013-03-11 06:38
    Thanks John!

I had previously used your HB-25 code to get my Stingray moving. Good to see a whole code base for a complete robot. I'll definitely be lurking through your code for ideas and better understanding of how to make my bot work. I've been stumped for a bit in putting all of the pieces together from my trials into a complete program...

Thanks again,
    dgately