Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone interface Wiimote with propeller using Bluetooth? — Parallax Forums

Anyone interface Wiimote with propeller using Bluetooth?

agsags Posts: 386
edited 2013-03-11 09:25 in Accessories
Searching the forum has led to several projects involving cannibalizing Wiimote hardware for direct connection to a Prop. I'm looking for a way to interface an OEM Wiimote to a Prop, using only the bluetooth interface. The RN-42 information seems to indicate it can't support this, if I'm correct that the Wiimote requires HID support but the RN-42 only supports SPP.

Has anyone been able to interface an OEM Wiimote with a Propeller using Bluetooth?

Comments

• rwgast_logicdesignrwgast_logicdesign Posts: 1,464
    edited 2013-03-11 00:44
    Im not sure, as i am more intrested in canbalizing my wiimotes for the camera :)! But I do know sparkfun sells blue tooth modules with HID support, the blue smirf I think, so using that would allow you to get a wiimote working, but If no one has done this yet you will have to do the code from the ground up, maybe port Arduino code.
  • agsags Posts: 386
    edited 2013-03-11 08:32
    Thanks. I don't mind writing the code - I just couldn't find the device. Hard to believe that I'd be the first to think of this project, though.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-03-11 09:25
    I haven't seen this done.

As rwgast suggests, all the Propeller Wii Mote projects I've seen use the hacked camera.

Chris the Carpenter sells the cameras through his Rocket Brand Studios. IMO, Chris sells good stuff and is a good guy to deal with.

If you do figure out the Wii Mote with Bluetooth using the Prop, I hope you let the rest of us know. It would be very convenient not to have to destroy a Wii Mote in order to use the camera with a Prop.