Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
433 Mhz Transceiver — Parallax Forums

433 Mhz Transceiver

40mpg40mpg Posts: 1
edited 2013-03-09 07:18 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello guys,

I plan on using two 433 MHZ transceiver, each connected to a PIC24H microcontroller, in order to send data to each other ( 1 is the TX, the other is the RX).

Does anyone have the library for use with the transceiver that is being sold by this vendor? Anyone ported it to C or C++? ( all the neccessary function etc..)

I am using MPLAB in order to compile my code.

Has anyone use this transceiver with the PIC family of MCU before?

I am only using them to send a temperature value.

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2013-03-09 06:49
    Which transceiver?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-03-09 07:18
    Assuming you're talking about this 433MHz transceiver sold by Parallax, the only code examples are for the Stamps (in Parallax Basic). There are some libraries written in Spin for the Propeller in the Propeller Object Exchange. You won't find any in C or C++ nor will you find examples for other microcontrollers like the PIC series.

They're pretty straightforward to use and the Stamp examples shown in the documentation can be transliterated to code for pretty much any microcontroller. You need a sync pulse (about 3ms) that turns on the transceiver briefly to allow the receiver at the other end to adjust to the received signal level, then you use ordinary asynchronous serial I/O to transmit the data. There's no error checking or correction, so you have to build that in using software if it's important. There are some examples of that linked from the webstore page for the product.