Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how plx-daq send data to arduino? — Parallax Forums

how plx-daq send data to arduino?

MR_FahmyMR_Fahmy Posts: 3
edited 2013-03-08 06:06 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I'm using Arduino uno and Plx-daq to get data aquisition. I'm also using LCD 2x16 in displaying

there's no problem with sending data FROM arduino TO plx-daq..

but now i want send data FROM excel TO arduino. and then i want to display it in LCD.
I have tried using Serial.println("CELL,GET,A2"); //A2 is the cell i want to retrieve the data//

fyi, i'm using ms. excel 2010

is it possible to send data from excel to arduino?
how's it like? using serial.read()?
what's the code to send data from excel to arduino?

i'm very pleasant if you can help me.
thanks.

regards, MR_Fahmy.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-03-07 20:42
    We can't help you with the details of Arduino programming with PLX-DAQ although it should be straightforward. When you send the command "CELL,GET,A2" to PLX-DAQ, Excel will return the value of that cell as a decimal number followed by a carriage return. If the value in that cell is 53, then Excel will send "5", "3", then a carriage return. I suggest you ask on the Arduino forums about reading a decimal number from a serial input line.
  • MR_FahmyMR_Fahmy Posts: 3
    edited 2013-03-08 05:33
    thank you for your explaination

i'm little bit confuse about this. ....DEBUGIN DEC cellval ---> Accept cell value into variables
    what's the different with command "CELL,GET,A2"?

can i get link where i can get this stuff?

thanks
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-03-08 06:06
    Download "BASIC Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual" and read the sections on the DEBUG, DEBUGIN, SEROUT, and SERIN statements to get the details on the serial I/O statements. DEBUGIN is a statement that receives serial data from the attached PC at 9600 Baud. DEC is a modifier that expects a decimal number to occur next in the input data (decimal digits, an optional sign, terminated by a non-digit character) and, in this case, stored into the variable "cellval".
  • I have found the way to send the cell content from EXCELL to Arduino. You can copy these commands and read the value of E3 cell:
    Serial.println("CELL,GET,E3,");
    cell_num=Serial.parseInt();// this command reads the sell value from the specified cell
    //now return this namber to EXCELL:
    Serial.print("DATA,TIME,");
    Serial.print(cell_num);
    Serial.print(",");
    Good luck