Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone have an extra HC SR04 they dont mind desoldering? — Parallax Forums

Anyone have an extra HC SR04 they dont mind desoldering?

rwgast_logicdesignrwgast_logicdesign Posts: 1,464
edited 2013-03-04 17:09 in Robotics
So I posted a video of my bot doing autonomous navigation using sonar in the projects forum the other day. After I shot that video it stoped working correctly. It was late I was tired I posted my video and went to bed. Well the next day I figured out when I hit the trash can at the end I had broke the Sonar Sensor. An smt cap popped right off the back.... to be specific C8, I found a schematic for these the hc sr04 but it wasnt the same layout as the one im using, it said c8 was a 22uf cap. I have a bunch of .1uf smt's so I tried one of those, didnt work.

There seem to be a few different layout of this ultrasonic sensor from e-bay, I was wondering if anyone has the blue kind with two holes, there is a cap on the right hand side under the max2323 IC it is labeled C8, maybe someone with a spare or broken sensor could remove that cap and use a meter to read its value? I looked for the one that fell of but didnt realize that is what was wrong till well after a BBQ had taken place. Funny the max2323 uses a ton of .1uf caps for a charge pump I was really hoping I would hit the jackpot.