Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gripper Boe Bot — Parallax Forums

Gripper Boe Bot

CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
edited 2013-02-26 10:46 in Robotics
Finally finishing up the Gripper Boe Bot. It uses 3 power supplys. One for the Board of Education using the Parallax Boe Lipo battery pack. one 7.4v lipo pack for the gripper using a metal gear servo and one 3.6n for the lasers. I had to use different wheels. The original Boe Bot wheels spinned too much and would tip over easily. It features 2D laser vision with R/C assist when it gets stuck, Work still in progress. Here is a short video. Haven't got the gripper in the program yet. May need another microcontroller to maintain the gripper holding power. I also realise the Boe is getting quite heavy and plan to move to a larger robot frame to carry things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umbib0EW4r4&feature=youtu.be

sers with slicks.jpg
1024 x 768 - 101K

Comments

• rwgast_logicdesignrwgast_logicdesign Posts: 1,464
    edited 2013-02-26 10:04
    This is really neat could you share more about the laser system? Exactly how are you detecting the green beam?
  • CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
    edited 2013-02-26 10:22
    Not detectted by sensor, just by eye for now. It does have an CAM and headlight option Flips to easily. Haven't tried since the wheel change.

stock laser, headlight & cam.jpg
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-02-26 10:46
    That is so cool!

I've got to start adding lasers to my robots.

How does the vision part work? It looks like you have a couple of IR distance sensors up front, do you have a sensor to that can see the laser light?

Edit: I hadn't seen your last post. I think you already answered my question.